Getting Avatar Picture to display...

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
:confused: Hi folks, I'm trying to get an Avatar picture to appear on my posts, but despite it appearing okay on My Profile, it won't show on my posts...

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers,

looking at your profile - i can't see an avatar. there is a profile pic of two A2's outside a house? cheers mike maybe the avatar was to large?

At the top of the screen next to where your name is displayed click on 'settings ' . On the page that's then displayed the toolbar on the left has a selection 'edit avatar'. The next page will let you select a picture from your device or a URL to your choice from a webpage.

Hope that helps you.

You're welcome. It could be that the file size of your original is too large, but then unless the allowance is greater for profile pictures, you would have encountered the same problem here (which you didn't).

Murdo's instructions should have taken you to the correct method for uploading an image - perhaps you exited the settings page without saving the change?

If you can't get it to work, should you wish to change it, happy to update on your behalf again.

Cheers,

Darren

Thanks Darren, was I doing anything wrong?

You're welcome. It could be that the file size of your original is too large, but then unless the allowance is greater for profile pictures, you would have encountered the same problem here (which you didn't).

Murdo's instructions should have taken you to the correct method for uploading an image - perhaps you exited the settings page without saving the change?

If you can't get it to work, should you wish to change it, happy to update on your behalf again.

Cheers,

Darren

I've been trying to get one loaded for ages and I think it's the resizing that is stopping me. I only have an iPad and no app to resize pictures so the number of pixels is low enough. Are you able to do one for me at all ? I would like this picture below adding

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Done mate. I have also made it your profile picture for now too; though I can easily undo this if you wish.

Cheers,

Darren

I've been trying to get one loaded for ages and I think it's the resizing that is stopping me. I only have an iPad and no app to resize pictures so the number of pixels is low enough. Are you able to do one for me at all ? I would like this picture below adding-

I've been trying to get one loaded for ages and I think it's the resizing that is stopping me. I only have an iPad and no app to resize pictures so the number of pixels is low enough. Are you able to do one for me at all ? I would like this picture below adding-

6eb5aa7e80752c6726f470ed56eba7a5_zps1m2g6xiq.jpg

Oooh - those are nice wheels Rich, which ones are they? A1 ones I'm guessing.

Yes A1 S-line 17 inch really pleased with them, makes it look like a Tonka toy;)

Looking at your signature are you the person I have spoken to at Stanford Hall before and got the BR Motorsport stickers remade? I have the red MK1 Golf with the BRM servo and stage 1 tune.

:rolleyes: Hmmm, looks interesting, but not quite right. I'll have a look at my brochure when I get home...

Just been out and had a look and yes you are right they aren't quite a match the ones still on my car were put in by Mr Ricketts himself and the one on the brake servo is the copy and the lettering is slightly thicker.

59d6f3c84209c3960c53fd4bcf2b3a23_zpsnpmiqsfy.jpg

611a7c882713a684f227ebb8f20bdd18_zpsuo1c3wqq.jpg

Last edited:
Back