Getting the A2 to beep

Evening,

You’ll need your Channel 46 coding slightly amended with VCDS.

If you don’t have VCDS in your arsenal then I can help out. I see you’re not that far from me and I could add the confirmatory locking beep in minutes. All FOC of course. All you’d need to do is park up on my driveway in Coalville LE67.

Kind regards,

Tom

Could either be the car has not been coded to beep on locking, or the alarm sounder may be faulty. Does the alarm sound if you trigger it? Is the car locking correctly and the led on the door flashing immediately or only flashing after about 30 seconds?

Evening again,

If you’re able to get to me than I can offer a free scan to determine what might be wrong. My guess is it hasn’t been programmed for the audible confirmation upon locking, as it wasn’t a factory coded feature.

All would be revealed in 5 minutes if you arriving.

Kind regards,

Tom

It could be that it is coded to beep on locking but something is not shutting properly such as tailgate or bonnet.

Evening,

You’ll need your Channel 46 coding slightly amended with VCDS.

If you don’t have VCDS in your arsenal then I can help out. I see you’re not that far from me and I could add the confirmatory locking beep in minutes. All FOC of course. All you’d need to do is park up on my driveway in Coalville LE67.

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi there would be able to pop round some day next week late afternoon thanks

The beep-on-lock feature was never enabled from factory; it must be done retrospectively.
I suspect I’ve added this feature to well over 1000 A2s. I do it - free - for almost every A2 that’s placed under my nose.

Cheers,

Tom

Was the beep job done?

Morning John,

Some thread revival. Yes the OP dropped in some 8 months ago as work brings him to within 100m of my house. The audible locking confirmation was enabled within a minute of arrival and of course at no cost.

Very quick and simple process if you have access to VCDS:

CCCU Coding Help.PNG

Kind regards,

Tom

Back