Greetings. New to the A2 community.

edo

Hi folks.

Just picked up a 2005 A2 1.4

Its been owned for many years by a gent who has done no miles in it whatsoever. Its been well maintained (new Cam belt and service by Audi only a few hundred miles ago).

Cosmetically it needs a damn good clean and polish, the wheels need a refurb and there is a small key mark on the passenger side which will need paint.

Tyres whilst legal are old and mismatched so a new set of boots is on order.

The heater went cold today, so I need to investigate that.

Reccomendations on a Bluetooth solution for sounds and phone calls appreciated. Having had various audi's before is a unit that uses the changer port the best option?

PS, anyone know what the colour is called?

ed

Attachments

• 20210220_160353.jpg
    20210220_160353.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 194
Well spotted! The chap was selling it for his elderly relative. I think he was a little surprised at the interest it generated. 5 people behind me to view it rather messed up any ability to haggle the price!

I need a second key, is that main stealer only or are there other routes to coding a new key?

Hi folks.

Just picked up a 2005 A2 1.4

Its been owned for many years by a gent who has done no miles in it whatsoever. Its been well maintained (new Cam belt and service by Audi only a few hundred miles ago).

Cosmetically it needs a damn good clean and polish, the wheels need a refurb and there is a small key mark on the passenger side which will need paint.

Tyres whilst legal are old and mismatched so a new set of boots is on order.

The heater went cold today, so I need to investigate that.

Reccomendations on a Bluetooth solution for sounds and phone calls appreciated. Having had various audi's before is a unit that uses the changer port the best option?

PS, anyone know what the colour is called?

ed
Welcome Sir!
CD Changer port is the best option.
Mac.

Reactions: edo
I need a second key, is that main stealer only or are there other routes to coding a new key?
No there are definitely more cost effective routes. You can get a new blade cut from a picture and it coded via VCDS but you’ll need to purchase the correct key. @2work or even better @timmus would be able to give you a some more detailed and helpful guidance. Well done on your purchase.

Evening and welcome,

Follow this link for information on who could help you out with VCDS. By the looks of it Paul @PaulA2 might be the closest offering key programming.

There is some good information within this link also.

Tom @timmus is your man though once he is mobile again. Have a look at his profile to see what glorious offerings he can install into your A2.

Kind regards,

Tom

More than happy to help, I have done a few recently! Keep safe and welcome to the fold of the great little car

Welcome Sir!
CD Changer port is the best option.
Mac.

Welcome to the club! I second this as a great option, get one with a mic and you have the option for hands free calls as well as streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done for aquiring what looks like a terrific car. Welcome to the club. There is an exceedingly capable workshop in West Hounslow, B&F Autos Ltd., really do know these cars well. The chap to talk to there is Gary.

I am not affiliated in any way.

Welcome to the club! I second this as a great option, get one with a mic and you have the option for hands free calls as well as streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the AnyCarLink 1080-B, but it seems to have disappeared from Amazon Post Brexit, (it came via Germany).
X CarLink seems popular on here, and on Mk1 TT Forum. No personal experience though.
Mac.

I have the AnyCarLink 1080-B, but it seems to have disappeared from Amazon Post Brexit, (it came via Germany).
X CarLink seems popular on here, and on Mk1 TT Forum. No personal experience though.
Mac.
Evening,

I can vouch for the XCarLink depending what you’ll be using it for. I had it in my last commuter for some years on recommendation from Tom @timmus. I also moved it into my latest commuter (OEM) and it served me well.

For simply streaming audio from your phone/device it was flawless over the Bose system with my ears. I thought it was great and it gave my old Chorus (Tape/radio) a new lease of life. It also performed just as good with a Mk1 and Mk2 RNS-E.

Where it wasn’t so good was at the hands free function. No matter where I placed the microphone (over head switch panel, A pillar and base of the instrument cluster) I never did have a perfect phone call. The call coming through the A2s audio system was great but my half of the conversation was never perfectly received. I had to often repeat what my dialogue. This was never due to loud road or engine conditions as I sit happily cruising at 60/65mph on long A roads.

It became quite frustrating after a while so I fitted an Audi A3 Bluetooth module for hands free. I was told by the wife that the phone calls we now crystal clear and I don’t have to repeat myself. I also ended up (but didn’t need to) fitting an AMI for perfect streaming (my ears couldn’t tell any difference to be honest), which also allows track names displayed in the DIS from you Music App (Amazon Music certainly works).

I don’t want to be harsh on the Xcarlink as it really is a good item for streaming and the occasional call. If you do make a lot of calls whist on the road I hope you have a better experience than I did. It’s still a capable item but I have relegated mine to the wife’s A2 so I can now tell her to repeat everything she’s trying to get across, payback!

Hopefully someone who has one of the Connects2 units can speak of the quality of the streaming/hands free as this is also another item of similar price.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Back