Heated seat switches in the Cubby hole

depronman

A2OC Donor
This was done as a one off for Pinkythelabrat, but I could make it available to others if there is interest
The Seat switches are out of an A3 I believe (Pinky will be able to confirm this)
I bought some heated seat switches out of an A4 and personally I prefer them over the A3 switches because they are narrower and therefore would allow the cubby pocket to be a little wider. I paid £10 for the pair of switches delivered, so they are not expensive

There is an adaptor plate that is a snug fit in the cubby and is made to accept the switches and the cubby box. The box is made nearly full length and glued to the bottom of the cubby box thus retaining the adaptor plate. A fascia plate is then clipped on to the front of the switches and sits slightly back from the cubby front face by 1mm or so. The back of the original cubby is sawn off except for a web in the middle about 3/4" wide to help with rigidity, the seat switch looms are passed up either side of the cubby, the switches can be removed to aid connecting, then pushed into place once the connector is mated.

The smaller cubby will hold a smart phone, ipod etc, I would suggest lining the cubby with some black felt and the bottom with a piece of thin rubber or that anti slip material so that when a phone is placed in the cubby it does not self eject every time you set off on a slight hill (as the original Audi design does)

here are some photos, I'm sure Pinky will add a few more once he as it installed

IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG

I’m very pleased with it. The spec given was minimal as I wasn’t really expecting much could be done to make it look good but the results are very special looking.

I had a go at this and despite spending a not inconsiderable time trying to make it work and look nice I’m very glad you didn’t put up any pictures of what I had cobbled together.

The switches were from a an A3. A 2002 I believe. They use the same plug as the A2 and were £20 delivered I think (I’ve had them a while).

Great work Paul. Thanks again. I look forward to installing this since it’s nicer looking than the original cubby which is currently back in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work Paul. The cubby is even the right way up :p

Give it another 5 years and pretty much all a2s on the road in the UK will have a little piece of deproman in them .

Great work Paul. The cubby is even the right way up :p

Give it another 5 years and pretty much all a2s on the road in the UK will have a little piece of deproman in them .
now now Cheechy, I was only ever going to make that mistake once :)
Yes I'm hoping that it will not take five years though, my remaps are now well past the 100 A2 and counting, check straps I've lost count but have nearly finished the 3rd metre of brass bar then there are the 3D printed parts.
It was amusing the other week as I had an A2 here for a remap and was showing the owner something under the bonnet and pulled the dip stick only to find one of my 3D printed ends on the dip stick (fitted by the previous owner), it was like it had come home to its dad :)

Last edited:
Back