Hello Everyone! multiple A8/S8 Owner, New A2 Owner!

Hi All!
I'm Neil and some of you with A8's S8's or other Audis may know me from other forums or FB groups. I help run and organise A8 & S8 UK Owners Group meets and the A8 Parts online forum and also Admin the AOC (Audi Owners Club) and help with events and shows for that. I'm based in Swindon but normally get around the whole country a fair bit with work, especially the south.

So in February I rather hastily and randomly bought my first A2. Always wanted one and saw a Dolphin Grey 1.6 Fsi Sport with Votex Kit come up with 113k miles and took the plunge. A few pics attached below for your visual pleasure!

I've been slowly doing jobs to it -
- We have taken out the black sports interior (4 seater) and door cards (which I will get around to selling) and installed a set of Red Leather heated sports seats, and door cards, bought the heated seat loom and switches to get them functioning fully

- So far mechanically we have replaced the shocks, bump stops and top mounts, taken off the manifold and repaired it properly and cleaned it all off, replaced all four injectors with uprated ones, doing the cam belt etc and new plugs and a full service, fixed one door check strap and fuel flap issue and replaced ignition barrel with new and deleted a rather silly start button. We also changed front brake hoses and replaced all brake fluid & MOT'd the car (no advisories!)

- Internally changing a lot of the worn switchgear, lights switch, HVAC unit etc and fitting a bluetooth streaming unit. retrofitting the looms and kit for heated seats, cruise control, and front fog lights, replaced storage tray and one front pop out cup holder, installed a quick connect battery charging lead for my CTEK charger, replaced rear number plate light units and bulbs with new ones and LEDs, cleaned all the carpets & fitted mats etc.

- still to do are things like external bodywork tidying scuffs & full valet/detail, sort out a couple of the Votex jacking point covers which were loose possibly change the front windscreen as it has a small crack in the passenger corner, custom DRL / fog light installation and I'd also love to find a darker headlining and A/B/C Pillars etc and possibly a red leather steering wheel and handbrake / gearstick gaiters. I also inherited a complete Bose upgrade set of speakers and amp plus CD changer with the car so looking at how easy that is to deal with.

So far I've mainly driven the car locally (to the workshop and back!) and love the relative economy after A8's and S8s and also love the many similarities to the A8 & S8 D2s which I already have and love to drive! Hope to see and chat to many of you at some of the future shows like Simply Audi and Audis in the Park etc and get a few more miles onto the A2 as things unlock a bit more and get moving again!

Attachments

• IMG_20210225_162200.jpg
    IMG_20210225_162200.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20210225_162216.jpg
    IMG_20210225_162216.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20210225_162227.jpg
    IMG_20210225_162227.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20210225_162246.jpg
    IMG_20210225_162246.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_20210225_162254.jpg
    IMG_20210225_162254.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 235
  • GJwDpdC5QD6GKXVkSQeixg-3.jpg
    GJwDpdC5QD6GKXVkSQeixg-3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20181228_102025-degoo-resized-1.jpg
    IMG_20181228_102025-degoo-resized-1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 239
  • FB_IMG_1590911978781 (2020-07-10T22_40_15.000).jpg
    FB_IMG_1590911978781 (2020-07-10T22_40_15.000).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 234
Welcome! What a brilliant looking car! That’s my favourite colour and I also love a Votex!

I’m sure you will be very welcome here. Please do share your experiences of the work undertaken on your car. I love a good project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum :) There's some lovely looking metal there - the steel as well as the aluminium!
We will be attending Audis in the Park - I already have my ticket booked - assuming that it goes ahead as planned. Look forward to meeting you either with your A2 or one of the others.

Afternoon Neil and welcome,

That’s a very nice fleet you have there.

You should eventually find the Red Leather items you desire but if you’re not wanting to wait please do consider recolouring yourself current Black Leather items. It’s actually quite an easy task and more than happy to help out along the way.

If you’re wanting to have a go at fitting the Bose kit yourself, here is quite a good source of information to see if it’s within your ability, if not then there is Tom @timmus who offers a whole list of glorious retrofits. His work is just awesome which I’m sure many a member with testify to.

For your scruffy switch gear, there is James @jp.oog who offers a refurbishment service for your worn items.

Any items that require replacing then there is Steve @A2Steve and Andy @Clackers who are great at supplying used parts at amazing prices to keep you on the road.

I personally have been considering an A8 for some time now, it’s an itch I’ll scratch one day!

Kind regards,

Ton

Welcome from another Dolphin Grey with Votex owner. Mine is a Tdi75. Just to balance things up I also have an FSI, in silver. One is never enough!
My Tdi also has red leather, and a recently re-covered black and red velour headliner. Its my first attempt and worked out quite well.
If you've nothing better to do we have a social meet at the end of this month, starting in Bristol, and ending in Bream.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Welcome from another Dolphin Grey with Votex owner. Mine is a Tdi75. Just to balance things up I also have an FSI, in silver. One is never enough!
My Tdi also has red leather, and a recently re-covered black and red velour headliner. Its my first attempt and worked out quite well.
If you've nothing better to do we have a social meet at the end of this month, starting in Bristol, and ending in Bream.

Ending in Bream would VERY handy for you but it ends in Brean

Welcome Neil,
This is an outstanding forum from all perspectives: socially, technically and as a source of parts at the right prices.
Like you I have a soft spot for both large and small in the Audi range, as well as some in between.

Welcome to the forum :) There's some lovely looking metal there - the steel as well as the aluminium!
We will be attending Audis in the Park - I already have my ticket booked - assuming that it goes ahead as planned. Look forward to meeting you either with your A2 or one of the others.

Many thanks - but all the cars in the pictures are Aluminium! :) D2 A8, D3 A8L and D4 A8L
We are hoping to have our AOC Clubstand next to our A8/S8 UK Stand so you may find me there and I'll hopefully get around to say hello to everyone!

Welcome from one FSI'er to another.
Best A2 version by far, imo (completely unbiased, of course).
Fingers crossed for AITP ?
Mac.
Thank you Mac, look forwards to it!
I'm still marvelling at the space inside which is like a Tardis compared to how it looks externally
It definitely puts a smile on my face driving it but I haven't really spotted many other A2 owners when driving yet!

Afternoon Neil and welcome,

That’s a very nice fleet you have there.

You should eventually find the Red Leather items you desire but if you’re not wanting to wait please do consider recolouring yourself current Black Leather items. It’s actually quite an easy task and more than happy to help out along the way.

If you’re wanting to have a go at fitting the Bose kit yourself, here is quite a good source of information to see if it’s within your ability, if not then there is Tom @timmus who offers a whole list of glorious retrofits. His work is just awesome which I’m sure many a member with testify to.

For your scruffy switch gear, there is James @jp.oog who offers a refurbishment service for your worn items.

Any items that require replacing then there is Steve @A2Steve and Andy @Clackers who are great at supplying used parts at amazing prices to keep you on the road.

I personally have been considering an A8 for some time now, it’s an itch I’ll scratch one day!

Kind regards,

Ton
Hi Ton and thank you for the kind words and for all that very useful information - all duly noted!
I'll read up on the Bose install then take a view :)
There's a huge variety of A8's & S8's out there so when the time comes do shout if you need any guidance - the D2's D3's and D4's are all very different from each other ut the D2's are closest in feel to the DNA in the A2 for sure, and you can find them in A8's in 2.8 (V6), 3.7 and 4.2 (V8) and in the S8 as an uprated 4.2 V8 with different gearing so plenty to choose from!

Thank you :) Always interested in meets and mini meets so do please let me know details and I'll pencil it into the diary and try to come if I'm not working!

Back