Hello from Aberdeen.

Dunbikin

A2OC Donor
Having tapped into your collective knowledge base for the last month for guidance and information I have finally been able to make the desired purchase. I bought the silver 1.4tdi SE from Hartlepool yesterday as seen on Gumtree on Saturday from a great guy who was well aware of the forum but not a member. I figure that the task now is to "fettle" after 158k of previous use and try to keep it in good condition. I met with George Hogg on Saturday who helped so much in answering a host of my queries and not only explained differences but showed me from his stable of examples. Thank you George. Let the journey begin ?
1647899264572.png

Looks like the car has already been on a considerable journey. Registered in Wales, bought in Hartlepool and now in Aberdeen.?

Welcome aboard and glad to see you've met up with George already. I was hoping that would happen when I saw how close your locations were on your registration :) Good luck with your new purchase, no reason why it couldn't be kept in reliable and enjoyable service for a good while yet ?

Having tapped into your collective knowledge base for the last month for guidance and information I have finally been able to make the desired purchase. I bought the silver 1.4tdi SE from Hartlepool yesterday as seen on Gumtree on Saturday from a great guy who was well aware of the forum but not a member. I figure that the task now is to "fettle" after 158k of previous use and try to keep it in good condition. I met with George Hogg on Saturday who helped so much in answering a host of my queries and not only explained differences but showed me from his stable of examples. Thank you George. Let the journey begin ?View attachment 92463
I hope your arm gets better soon from me twisting it! Lol

Thank you all for a warm welcome. Well the weather's been kind so cleaning, hoovering and tooth brushing seals is almost complete. Still can't stop smiling at the sound it makes. Audifan, maybe I'll just have to take it to John o Groats to fulfil its road map coz I think the owner did say something about it being in Plymouth as well. 56 mpg without trying seems acceptable too but maybe a service will enhance that slightly. Getting the fuel filler flap to open on the press of a button might be tomorrows job but since it's already full I may choose to remove the bonnet grill and remove the lichen from the grill fins or clean and paint the rear drums. It's good to have a choice!
The arm is already out of the sling George as I've too much to do but healing well with exercise and I'm sure we'll talk again soon. ?

Back