Hello from Cheshire

jagrs

Hi All,
I bought my A2 a few weeks ago (No.72 car) from a friend who has had it for the last 2 years for weekly journeys to the Isle of White for work.
It is a 2002 '52 1.4 SE petrol (BBY engine) with 88k miles in Dolphin grey. It is in very good condition and has been serviced regularly but no evidence of a cambelt change so I booked it in and was incredibly lucky as the mechanic found the tensioning roller had a huge crack straight through it. It also looked like the original belt (20 years and 88k miles).
Maintenance wise I have replaced the front discs and pads, front stabiliser link rods, battery and have the rear shoes and cylinders to do next.
Additions new mats (non genuine), A1 Alloys, newer front grill and false boot floor.

Things I would like to add are mudflaps, towbar, sport seats and a bluetooth stereo.

Thanks for approving me

Attachments

• a2c.jpg
    a2c.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 155
  • a2f4.jpg
    a2f4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
  • a2r1.jpg
    a2r1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
Welcome aboard :) Don't they look lovely in Dolphin Grey, and of all the non-A2 styles from VAG I think those A1 10-spokes suit it best. Very good combination going on there!

I take it you've seen how to upgrade your account to access the Market on here. Sports seats and mudflaps do still come up from time to time, but you may be waiting a while for a towbar, and you won't be the only one by far :)

For the Bluetooth, it's easiest to use something like an XCarLink adapter in the CD changer port on the back of the OEM headunit. Non-OEM headunits tend not to play well with the wiring (the original will be on CAN) and the separate rear amplifier. Once these issues are resolved they don't normally sound any better either, plus they look out of place with smaller fascias and styling completely out of keeping with the rest of the interior.

Good luck - or should I say, continued good luck - with your new steed and feel free to ask any questions, we love to help :)

Welcome to the forum, lovely paintwork. All the best with the towbar, maybhave to buy a whole car together that one ?

Nearly 8 months of ownership and I have got some of the things I wanted and more servicing done.

I have replaced all the climate, cup holders, window switches to hard touch.

Mods done: (2nd hand) carpet mats, half leather/alcantara sport seats with lumbar, little cubby tray under handbrake, rear mudflaps, 3 spoke steering wheel, sport gear lever, full DIS speedo and swapped front bumper for one without a towbar dent.

Servicing : oil change, 4x coils, oil seperator, rear shoes and cylinders, air filter, pollen filter, wiper and fuel filter

Changed number plates as well

Attachments

• 1.48 2322541206357477799_336342416 copy.jpg
    1.48 2322541206357477799_336342416 copy.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 140
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
  • a2befaft1.jpg
    a2befaft1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 136
  • bat.jpg
    bat.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 137
  • speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 145
The ride is much better, the fuel economy is much better, I’m told you can feel the difference in terms of a mire nimble feel in the steering and when accelerating - and they don’t look bad on the A2 either! Also tyres are cheaper and it’s a common size in which most of the latest tyre compounds are available.

A good upgrade.

You’ve been busy - well done on what you’ve achieved.

Back