Hello from Derby

tomr2992

Hi all, really pleased to be part of the forum having just purchased a wickedly tidy A2 Colour Splash in Blue. Its the 1.6fsi and has more history than I have ever seen with a car. A real credit to its previous two keepers! As you can tell, I'm smitten and I'm looking forward to many years of fun and head-turning in the little beauty!
I'm based in Belper, Derbyshire so if there are any other local it would be great to know.
Thanks all,
Tom
s-l1600.jpg

tomr2992

Lovely looking car, can you imagine a Ford fiesta or something of a 2004 vintage still looking like that?
Not at all! I have never owned a car so well looked after. I've always looked after my cars and gone over and beyond with maintenance ect but the previous owner has beaten me to it!

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Noticed that one for sale, looks like you’ve had a great buy.

Keep a listen for an announcement I’m hoping to make soon about the reliability of FSI’s long-term.

Proghound

Admin Team
Fabulous looking car @tomr2992
Would I be correct to assume it was previously owned by an enthusiast? I suspect the factory grille on an ‘04 plate have been slatted.
The Colour Storms all had the flat service flap, painted the same matt black as used elsewhere in the paint scheme. Mine's an '04 and does have a slatted one fitted by the previous owner, but the original one also came with it.

Jeetesh

Welcome from a fellow FSI owner, it’s a great forum having recently only rejoined myself too.

Nice car, and like the Eurovision style entrance, “Hello from Derby” 👍

Very smart, great colour - maybe black bonnet slats and doorhandles to set it off more?
And in case you hadn't picked up on it, you're near WOM Automotive who have done loads of work on my A2 and many others over the years, very knowledgeable on A2s.

EamonnDH

I'm taking delivery of own A2 just around the corner in Nottingham, if I can see a blue A2 about I'll give you a honk (assuming I can fix mine)

PlasticMac

Hey Tom, do you know what blue your car is? My 04 Sport FSI is Mauritius Blue, but yours look a bit lighter ...
Very nice too!
Mac.

den's a2

Welcome to the storm club, keep a look out for the red storm in belper flying about as that would be me, hope to see around soon

tomr2992

Very smart, great colour - maybe black bonnet slats and doorhandles to set it off more?
And in case you hadn't picked up on it, you're near WOM Automotive who have done loads of work on my A2 and many others over the years, very knowledgeable on A2s.
I don't know of them, I do now! Thank you