Hello from Greece, and a question

JHB

Greece
Just for fun some pictures of my less than pristine but sound tdi90. I believe it's standard German spec apart from the wheels which are from a Seat. It has climate (absolutely vital in Greece) and heated seats (pointless in Greece) but no DIS and no interior alarm. The alarm is not an issue because here it is still normal to park with the windows open and the keys in the ignition.
I have an issue where there is a very noticeable whine between 60/70 km/h. It only happens on a light throttle and disappears on overrun. I can't find any play in wheelbearings so am now thinking about gearbox bearings. Is there anything else that I should consider? The car has done 190,000 km
IMG_20210510_141607.jpg
IMG_20210510_141654.jpg
IMG_20210510_141623.jpg
IMG_20210510_141553.jpg

It's actually a pearlescent black, with a black interior apart from the seats, wheel, gearbox gaiter, and door pulls. It's unusual but I like it,

Looks like cobalt to me. Surprised to see sport seats in blue, never seen that before.
Nice seats :) Matrix pattern, indeed rather rare in blue, only the second set I've seen pictured. The earlier Satin Jacquard (diagonal stripes) sport seats were also available in blue and are more frequently seen. I had a set of those at one point.

Back