Chat Hello from Keynsham

CWS

Hi recently joined the a2oc having bought my first A2 last week, (I’ve always wanted one).
My car is a 2003 1.4 tdi sport with 150,000 miles on the clock, sadly it hasn’t been looked after very well, there’s plenty to do so no doubt it’s going to keep me busy.
I’m a complete novice in terms of mechanics so I am hoping the club will useful place to turn for help and advice especially when it comes to finding parts.
I live in Keynsham (between Bristol and Bath on the A4), and would really appreciate meeting any a2oc members who may live local and other enthusiasts socially at future group meetings.

chris

Hi Chris

Welcome along. There’s @Chris Warren who lives close to you who would be handy to know for mechanical work.

I’m a used parts supplier who’s not too far from you, I’m just north of Cardiff.

Have a look at the social calendar for upcoming events.

Hi recently joined the a2oc having bought my first A2 last week, (I’ve always wanted one).
My car is a 2003 1.4 tdi sport with 150,000 miles on the clock, sadly it hasn’t been looked after very well, there’s plenty to do so no doubt it’s going to keep me busy.
I’m a complete novice in terms of mechanics so I am hoping the club will useful place to turn for help and advice especially when it comes to finding parts.
I live in Keynsham (between Bristol and Bath on the A4), and would really appreciate meeting any a2oc members who may live local and other enthusiasts socially at future group meetings.

chris
Welcome Chris

You will find this is one of the very best motoring clubs about with expert advice on hand on anything A2 related. You remind me of myself 6 months ago - newly acquired 2003 TDi sport with nearly 150k on the clock and badly neglected too. I had next to no mechanical knowledge whatsoever but thanks to the amazing members on here, before I knew it I was replacing most of the right side of the engine! Hopefully your’s isn’t nearly as bad, the TDi is pretty bombproof.

Good luck with your new project and welcome to the club once again.

chris
Spelt:
K E Y N S H A M
Members of a "certain age" may remember.
Mac.

Hi Chris,

I’m in Saltford so just along the road. Happy to have a quick look at your machine to see what needs doing.

chris

Hi Chris,

I’m in Saltford so just along the road. Happy to have a quick look at your machine to see what needs doing.
Chris that would be very helpful and happy to work around you. I’m busy for the rest of this week however completely free next week if your around? Chris

Welcome to the club Chris, we have @Cenick and myself also in Bristol area. What engine power do you have 75 or 90 bhp? I know a decent ECU expert should you need electrical work in bristol. PLease do post images of your new car plus a list of jobs and youll be amazed at the autopopulation of fixes and parts! Good luck

Welcome Chris. You're in the right place for help. The forum navigation can be difficult at times, so easiest to Google whatever you want, followed by A2oc.net
This will throw up all the subject threads and keep you reading for days!
If you haven't already done so, then stump up a massive one off £2 fee to gain access to the full forum, including Marketplace. There you will be able to spend inordinate amounts of money on treats for your car!
Look forward to meeting up at a gathering, I am in Lydney, and remember, one A2 is never enough!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I’ve got a 75bhp engine which looks a bit oily. The dip stick was broken so it may have been over filled. Dip stick arrives tomorrow and going to Audi-Volks in Keynsham who have already replaced front discs and pads, replaced front anti-roll link rod and outer cv boot.
The £2 fee for the marketplace is well worth it.

There’s going to be an A2 traffic jam in Saltford High Street soon!!

We could have a mini meet at the Jolly or Bird in Hand @Chris Warren @CWS and Robin one evening perhaps?

Steve

Sent from the future

Last edited:
Back