Hello There!

Martin Leech

Hello Everyone,

My name is Martin and I've just become the owner of a 4 owner 80.000 mls 2005 A2 1.4 TDI. I've always been a fan of the model and when this one came available I decided to take the plunge. Early days of ownership but very pleased with my purchase so far, there are a couple of small items which Id like your help/advice on Firstly my key fob which doesn't seem to work to lock/unlock using fob buttons, I've got to use the key to unlock / lock.
I've tried the method to pair the key as advised in the owners manual, and various U Tube tutorials to no avail. I've taken my key to be checked at local locksmith and he says battery is working correctly ! . Do I need to send my fob to be re-programed, and if so could you recommend any suppliers to me, or do you know of any other methods to pair the key to the system. Lastly looking a bit further down the road I've heard that you can get the 75 BHP engine re mapped up to around 100 BHP, has anyone had this done , and did it improve performance ? .

Many Thanks Martin

Firstly is it the correct fob for the car. Split it in half as if you were changing the battery. On the rear you will find the part number this MUST END WITH A "D" to work with your car. Second put a brand new battery in and resynch the car. This is assuming the key did work at some point.. Resynch by starting with the car locked, now open it on the key and as soon as you open the door place the key in the ignition and turn on to warning lights. Immediately after that press the unlock button on the fob. Turn off and remove the key, exit the car and shut the door. Now press the lock button and hopefully the car will lock.
Mapping is a bit of a taboo subject on here.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Martin and I've just become the owner of a 4 owner 80.000 mls 2005 A2 1.4 TDI. I've always been a fan of the model and when this one came available I decided to take the plunge. Early days of ownership but very pleased with my purchase so far, there are a couple of small items which Id like your help/advice on Firstly my key fob which doesn't seem to work to lock/unlock using fob buttons, I've got to use the key to unlock / lock.
I've tried the method to pair the key as advised in the owners manual, and various U Tube tutorials to no avail. I've taken my key to be checked at local locksmith and he says battery is working correctly ! . Do I need to send my fob to be re-programed, and if so could you recommend any suppliers to me, or do you know of any other methods to pair the key to the system. Lastly looking a bit further down the road I've heard that you can get the 75 BHP engine re mapped up to around 100 BHP, has anyone had this done , and did it improve performance ? .

Many Thanks Martin
Hello and welcome to the club, remapping is well worth it, I'm sure the people who can help will be in contact with you now the subject has been mentioned :)

Firstly is it the correct fob for the car. Split it in half as if you were changing the battery. On the rear you will find the part number this MUST END WITH A "D" to work with your car. Second put a brand new battery in and resynch the car. This is assuming the key did work at some point.. Resynch by starting with the car locked, now open it on the key and as soon as you open the door place the key in the ignition and turn on to warning lights. Immediately after that press the unlock button on the fob. Turn off and remove the key, exit the car and shut the door. Now press the lock button and hopefully the car will lock.
Mapping is a bit of a taboo subject on here.
Hi Audifan,
Thanks for the information re my fob, I've split the key and checked the number and it doesn't end in a D . I replaced battery anyway and tried to resynch , which didn't work , so looks like the remote fob is wrong. I have service record with model and option list etc , but don't have the tag with lock number on it. what are my options now (if any) . Martin

Hello!!
Had my 1.4Tdi 75 remapped (to a heady 103bhp!) and it changed the driving experience massively!!! Lots more urgency getting up to speed, much better drivability and no noticeable effect on economy as I’m generally seeing 55-60mpg in normal driving conditions
Well worth doing!!

Hello!!
Had my 1.4Tdi 75 remapped (to a heady 103bhp!) and it changed the driving experience massively!!! Lots more urgency getting up to speed, much better drivability and no noticeable effect on economy as I’m generally seeing 55-60mpg in normal driving conditions
Well worth doing!!
Many Thanks for the Info Rob, I'm booked in next week for remap. Regards Martin

Back