Help/info request

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I need some help in deciding which phone dock to select for the centre vent position. It’s for an iPhone 10. Any body and recommendations and which ones to avoid. Thanks
Simon

image.jpg

I use one of these magnetic ones and have a metal case on my phone it’s a ‘floveme’ but is pretty generic

Does it only mount at landscape orientation?
Mac.
hey mac, mine mounts in landscape only but others on amazon show portrait mode too. not sure how as it's a spring loaded clamshell design so just grips the phone.
ill have a play later and see how wide it opens

hey mac, mine mounts in landscape only but others on amazon show portrait mode too. not sure how as it's a spring loaded clamshell design so just grips the phone.
ill have a play later and see how wide it opens
Just asking as some phone sat nav apps only run in portrait.
Mac.

i can confirm that an iphone 6 fits but doesn't look that great

Attachments

• PXL_20221101_094618581.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221101_094618581.MP.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 63
Take a look at a few pages back in my blog thread Simon for my setup, it’s located above the driver’s side vent well out of the way of the view of the road and falls nice and easily to my right hand.

Neither Graham, its a peel off stuff that then grips the top of the dash, not put it in the car as yet, I'll send a photo, hang on.

Is the screwed on disc in the middle of the base steel or a magnet. Easier to use that as the base could be rotated for better viewing angles.

Back