History of my A2?

Martinhvan

Hi to all A2oc members, I am trying to find out a little bit of history for my A2 TDI 1.4 SE, I bought the car in November 2017, ( I had previously ressurrected a 1.4 petrol on a Y plate, that had belonged to a friend of mines, sadly deceased mother...the vehicle had sat outside for several years, unused ) I was keen to upgrade to a diesel.
So I started searching on Autotrader ( whole country!)...until eventually I spotted the car I now own, at a small dealer in Leicester, I live in Frome.
I have listed some of the specification ...
Black leather interior
Bose sound
Air conditioning
Cruise control
205/50 16r alloys
Ohlins dampers and springs
Parking sensors
Boot floor raised
Rear seat cup holders , tidy tray
Cup holders front
Tidy tray under handbrake
AOC mats
abt tuning number plate surrounds
Parrot hands free link
I have a feeling it has been remapped
I felt that this looked like a good car, and the price was reasonable, so I walked away as the new owner, after a thorough inspection and test drive.
If anyone can offer me a little more of the history, I would be interested.
Best regards Martin Taylor
IMG_0721.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG
IMG_0719.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome, sounds like a cracking example. I'm sure we would love to hear a bit more!

Registration details would help reveal more, and I wonder what on earth a car as nice as that was doing at a dealer?

Last edited:
Afternoon Martin,

Welcome aboard from me too. Looking forward to seeing this glorious sounding A2 in a picture or 2 if you have time. It comes with a nice specification indeed and seems that a previous owner kept it good fettle.

Welcome again and I'm sure you'll soon realise that we're a friendly bunch who will try to go the extra mile to assist with any questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi to all A2oc members, I am trying to find out a little bit of history for my A2 TDI 1.4 SE, I bought the car in November 2017, ( I had previously ressurrected a 1.4 petrol on a Y plate, that had belonged to a friend of mines, sadly deceased mother...the vehicle had sat outside for several years, unused ) I was keen to upgrade to a diesel.
So I started searching on Autotrader ( whole country!)...until eventually I spotted the car I now own, at a small dealer in Leicester, I live in Frome.
Black leather interior
Bose sound
Air conditioning
Cruise control
205/50 16r alloys
Parking sensors
Boot floor raised
Cup holders front
AOC mats
Parrot hands free link
I felt that this looked like a good car, and the price was reasonable, so I walked away as the new owner, after a thorough inspection and test drive.
Best regards Martin Taylor
Welcome! Sounds like an interesting car when we get to see some photos. From the H-van part of your user name - are you also into classic Citroen corrugated vans? - you'll find us a catholic crowd here with a lot of interest in all sorts of classic and otherwise-interesting vehicles.

Welcome! Sounds like an interesting car when we get to see some photos. From the H-van part of your user name - are you also into classic Citroen corrugated vans? - you'll find us a catholic crowd here with a lot of interest in all sorts of classic and otherwise-interesting vehicles.
Well spotted Robin, I have also been driving Citroen HY vans for 30years ( before they were cool ) my HY which I have had for 20 years is running a 5 speed Renault UN1 gearbox with a fully mapped Rover 3.5, fuel injection..This makes it much more driveable.

Welcome, sounds like a cracking example. I'm sure we would love to hear a bit more!

Registration details would help reveal more, and I wonder what on earth a car as nice as that was doing at dealer?
Hi Simon, apparently it was part exchanged at a main dealer in Norfolk, and they always sell off px cars, and a small trader picked it up ( but didn't really know what he had...) As soon as I saw the advert I was heading off! hoping it was as good as it looked.
regards Martin

Very pleased that it has ended up at a proper home. Well found, Sir.

Love your 2CV/Rover, how on earth have you sorted the chassis to deal with all that torque?

Mind boggles (In a good way)

Morning Martin,

The pictures look great. Fantastic find with this one. You must be very happy with this acquisition.

I see it already has the TT pedal covers. You could further enhance the foot well by adding an A2 bespoke footrest to continue the theme:

701CC1E0-1EC5-4DCE-A192-331ACBDA4405.png

As you can see, the footrest compliments the pedals very nicely. There are a few left in the Clubs merchandise area here.

Kind regards,

Tom

Very pleased that it has ended up at a proper home. Well found, Sir.

Love your 2CV/Rover, how on earth have you sorted the chassis to deal with all that torque?

Mind boggles (In a good way)
Sorry to get technical so early, its not a 2cv...its an H van, lol

Good morning all, Another thing I wanted to ask, the gearing on my A2 in 5th gear at 70mph engine speed is 2,250rpm, is this standard?

Good morning all, Another thing I wanted to ask, the gearing on my A2 in 5th gear at 70mph engine speed is 2,250rpm, is this standard?
No - if it has a 5 speed still then someone has changed the fifth ratio; it was a common mod before the six speed upgrade from modern VAG group cars became more accessible secondhand.

I was going to say it was normal but in writing it has just struck me as possibly slightly on the low side actually : unless the speedo is over-reading more than normal. I wonder if your car has had a lengthened 5th gear ratio fitted? In my tdi I got used to it cruising mid to higher 2000s on the long motorway journeys south at 70mph and change (taking into account speedo inaccuracy) ; having fitted the PTW box it now runs at 2100rpm for the same speed.

Sounds like you have the 0.659 gear set

Black leather interior
Bose sound
Air conditioning
Cruise control
205/50 16r alloys
Parking sensors
Boot floor raised
Cup holders front
AOC mats
Parrot hands free link
Best regards Martin TaylorView attachment 91116View attachment 91117View attachment 91118
Nice spec and milage and mot history looks pretty good as well ?...well found.

Back