Hoping for a dry day......

true-blue

Have messed around with various polishes, waxes etc in the past but decided to go for it with professional products.

I'm going to wash and dry the A2 before claying it all over.

Then it'll be polished with my DA machine using Menzerna 203's, then polished again with Werkstat Acrylic prime, followed by several coats of Werkstat Acrylic Jet trigger.

Going to take hours but should look awesome :D

Its going to be a long........day for you, and a bad back ;)

Check out my gallery for detailing pictures of my last A2 :)

be careful, the paint is not very thick according to PTG readings in Germany. Maybe Mr. reeper can test his?

Bret

Thanks for the warning, but Menzerna 203s is a light cut compound (5/10 cut and 9/10 gloss) and Audi paint is very hard.

Had a dry day today but unfortunately the wife's plans meant that I only had a few hours on the car before it got dark.

Washed, dried and clayed the whole car. Then had time to use the menzerna, werkstat prime and one coat of werkstat jet trigger on one side of the car and the bonnet.

Superb result, really really pleased. Took out nearly all of the visible marks including a scratch that ran along the passenger side doors below the bump strip.

I'm so glad I finally took the plunge as the car should look fantastic when I've finished it:D

This was the long scratch

a2scratch.jpg

and the side of the car with the scratch now removed :)

a2side.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

Not the best pic's but was very pushed for time.

Last edited:
very nice job-worth all the effort.maybe we will see it at the next social--day out and curry night? cheers mike

Shame you didn't take a photo as you did in the first shot of the scratch.

Yes the Audi paint is very hard and will take a lot of stick, but you will find the harder you polish you'll take the orange peel off,

Looking good so far, you just don't get the same results on a silver car no matter what you put on it, you just don't see the depth in the gloss but then it looks good even when its getting dirty

Phil

I'm going to do the wife's Touran once I've finished the A2.

You're right though, the Touran is filthy but looks clean from about 10ft.

will post a pic of the scratch area tomorrow when the light is better:)

not sure on the curry night, will check out the details.

Wow! true-blue what an incredible job you've done there! It looks fantastic!! Well done you.
All your hard work has definitely paid off - the car looks ace!

Ezza

Winter Coat

I gave HaZeL a clean, Clay, Cleanse and Wax on sunday - I need to have I lie down.

What do you think - Is she clean enough?

Attachments

• DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC00020.JPG
    DSC00020.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 305
Yeah, she's a beauty! Well done Lee.

I must investigate this 'clay' coz I've not used it before. Is it expensive?

Keep up the good work!!

See you again soon.

Eric (Ezza)

Yeah, she's a beauty! Well done Lee.

I must investigate this 'clay' coz I've not used it before. Is it expensive?

Keep up the good work!!

See you again soon.

Eric (Ezza)

Hi Eric,

You can buy the clay bars alone for about £10 (Bilt Hammer is probably the best), but I found the best value starter kit to be from Meguiars, it was £23 (from Halfords :eek:) and contains 2 clay bars in a sealed box (so they don't dy out), a bottle of spray lubricant, a microfibre cloth and a small bottle of Cleaner wax to finish the job. This is a one stop buy! and highly recommended. If like me you are new to this detailing stuff, then it is a sensible place to start from that you really can't go wrong with.

Cheers,

David

The BiltHamber stuff has an important advantage in my eyes - the only lubricant needed is water and that means I don't have to dry the car. If anything it's a bad idea :)

And it's so easy my seven-year-old understands how it works.

Bret

Thank you Birdsd01 and Bretti_kivi for your insights here!

I'll try one or the other of the 2 you mention here. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Ezza

Lovely looking A2's guys, I LOVE that colour sooooooo much (secretly wanted an A2 in that colour...)

...and true-blue I like your wheels a lot. If you're ever thinking about selling them give me a shout. :)

Back