Horizon Parking

G

Guest 4123

A few weeks ago I received a parking ticket from the above, claiming that I had parked in the local Tesco store for over five hours. Doubting this, I checked my Podpoint account, the store having four charge points. The times on the parking ticket corresponded with the starting time of the first charging sessions on that day and the end of the second charging session! So I appealed without offering the Podpoint evidence and they conceded. Which means that they had the evidence all along that I hadn't been there for five hours or so - the limit is 1.5 hours. There was a recent item on You and Yours about this very "phenomenon"; the programme was inundated with calls and emails. A member of the BPA (British Parking Association) claimed that 50% of appeals were successful - he didn't mention the remaining 50%. This is simple opportunistic attempted fraud, nothing less. I will be writing to my MP, although without much hope - she's a Sleaze Party member!

RAB

Really?
Politics on here? Come on we’re better and certainly wiser than that. Plenty of other forums to slag off biased broadcasters or politicians that annoy us. Just not here
I am free to express my opinions just as you are to vote for whom you please, for the moment at any rate!

RAB

Not Horizon parking but similar experience with a BP station in west London where I normally go to jetwash my A2. They recently added a 30 minutes max parking on their premises, as stated on nearly-invisible signage. Stay more than 30 mins and you will be fined £100 :mad:

A few weeks ago I received a parking ticket from the above, claiming that I had parked in the local Tesco store for over five hours. Doubting this, I checked my Podpoint account, the store having four charge points. The times on the parking ticket corresponded with the starting time of the first charging sessions on that day and the end of the second charging session! So I appealed without offering the Podpoint evidence and they conceded. Which means that they had the evidence all along that I hadn't been there for five hours or so - the limit is 1.5 hours. There was a recent item on You and Yours about this very "phenomenon"; the programme was inundated with calls and emails. A member of the BPA (British Parking Association) claimed that 50% of appeals were successful - he didn't mention the remaining 50%. This is simple opportunistic attempted fraud, nothing less. I will be writing to my MP, although without much hope - she's a Sleaze Party member!

RAB
You are lucky…I work for the company using Horizon and have had tickets when swapping cars etc. and it takes me much more ‘proof’ to get my tickets cancelled ?

Happily in Scotland this has been less of a problem. They require to prove that they are invoicing the person who committed the ‘violation’ rather than just the owner of the vehicle. And the owner is not obliged to admit to having been the driver or to provide details of the driver - so if you ignore them they go away.

I’ve only ever had one but my wife had two last week. Both utter nonsense. One from the Moto hotel she stayed in where she was registered with the hotel for an overnight stay and parking was included and the other where she visited a particular store twice in a day.

It can cause a fair bit of stress getting £120 of ‘fines’ in a single day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back