how did I get here?

Frank0

Hi All, Our little Audi A2 1.4 tdi 75 bhp has been 16 years in our ownership and remarkably even with the lack of parts like hoses available and careless drivers hitting it it still going.

I reluctantly sold my mondeo st200 (which is rotting away in scrapyard somewhere) in summer of 2006 so the wife could buy this little thing that looked like a rodent to me that I instantly disliked. 16K on the clock and lovely subtle blue leather seats and leather door card inserts tinted windows and cracking stereo and icy climate control. (I did enjoy icy aircon and sounds though on short drive I got on way home).

In 2016 I inherited it and being a pug 205 and similar French diesels man thought this won't last long... how wrong I was, 8 years and 132K now and I find myself doing everything I can to keep it otr and can't seem to part with it. Funny how things grow on you. And now I find myself in the owners club. LOL.

Welcome along Frank.

Don't let parts supply be the cause of its demise, there are a number of breakers on the forum, myself, Clackers and Ami, who can help you out. If one of us hasn't got the part then there's a good chance the other has.
Hi Steve, Nice one. cheers.

Hi All, Our little Audi A2 1.4 tdi 75 bhp has been 16 years in our ownership and remarkably even with the lack of parts like hoses available and careless drivers hitting it it still going.

I reluctantly sold my mondeo st200 (which is rotting away in scrapyard somewhere) in summer of 2006 so the wife could buy this little thing that looked like a rodent to me that I instantly disliked. 16K on the clock and lovely subtle blue leather seats and leather door card inserts tinted windows and cracking stereo and icy climate control. (I did enjoy icy aircon and sounds though on short drive I got on way home).

In 2016 I inherited it and being a pug 205 and similar French diesels man thought this won't last long... how wrong I was, 8 years and 132K now and I find myself doing everything I can to keep it otr and can't seem to part with it. Funny how things grow on you. And now I find myself in the owners club. LOL.
Many now over 200,000 miles
So yours is only just run in.

My tdi 90 was one owner when I bought it last year, 16 years in one family, they waved me off down thee road almost in tears.! It was then my turn to cry when I discovered the cost of new.clutch and turbo but i wouldn't change a thing.

I'm one and there are more on this forum. Had my June 2004 model since early 2005. I also have a 1.4 tdi 75 bhp but not the luxury of leather seats but I have a few mods - see below

Congratulations on keeping y

I'm one and there are more on this forum. Had my June 2004 model since early 2005. I also have a 1.4 tdi 75 bhp but not the luxury of leather seats but I have a few mods - see below

Congratulations on keeping yours.
I like the 20 bhp increase. they do lack a bit of oomph unless going uphill in 5th.

Welcome to the Club. My boyfriend has an ST200 and really wasn't sure about A2s when he met me.
But now one of mine lives at his and he keeps debating whether to get one himself 😁

Welcome to the Club. My boyfriend has an ST200 and really wasn't sure about A2s when he met me.
But now one of mine lives at his and he keeps debating whether to get one himself 😁
Hi, Tell him to keep the ST200 in any case very few left now. I think polar opposites on power and economy. I'm not sure now which I would choose but leaning towards the A2, suspension similar.lol. all the best. Frank.

Hi, Tell him to keep the ST200 in any case very few left now. I think polar opposites on power and economy. I'm not sure now which I would choose but leaning towards the A2, suspension similar.lol. all the best. Frank.
Yes, he loves the power and keeps getting tempted to trade it in as it has some rust. I think he should keep it though. He isn't going to lose any money on it from now on.

Back