How do I retrofit fog lights to my A2?? Help.

Hi there everyone, got my A2 about 2 weeks ago and have been busy changing the fluids etc.

Now I really want to put fog lights on the car. I'm not too fussed about them working just want them to be there.

Anyone know the Audi part numbers ????? Or where I can get the, from ?

Joe

It's dead easy!

You'll need 2 fogs and 2 black trim pieces, one for each side, as well as a few appropriately sized screws.
The two trim pieces which you've currently got in place of the fog lights simply pop out. The easiest way to get them out is to press the spring clipswhich you'll see through the lower grille. Then locate the fog lights and pop the screws in. Cover things up with the new trim pieces and you're done!

Tom

Thanks guys appreciate your help. Where can I source the fogs?

I bought mine (also only for cosmetic purposes) in November 2009 from Eurocarparts.com:

1 x 475441060 @ 37.37 GBP
Astrum Fog Lamp (Right Hand)
for: Audi A2 1.4 2005
----
1 x 475441090 @ 35.62 GBP
Astrum Fog Lamp (Left Hand)
for: Audi A2 1.4 2005

Don't know, though, whether the part numbers (or prices) have changed since then.

By the way, retro-fitting these (even if they don't work) hasn't caused any problems at MOT (well, not for the two years since fitting by Mike (Skipton)). If you're at all concerned about this, you could always keep the original covers and fit them temporarily (to 'disguise' the non-working fog lights) before the MOT.

It's dead easy!

You'll need 2 fogs and 2 black trim pieces, one for each side, as well as a few appropriately sized screws.
The two trim pieces which you've currently got in place of the fog lights simply pop out. The easiest way to get them out is to press the spring clipswhich you'll see through the lower grille. Then locate the fog lights and pop the screws in. Cover things up with the new trim pieces and you're done!

Tom

Hi Tom

I'm led to believe you're the man to ask. How easy or hard is it to retro fit front fogs that actually work? I've got a complete donor car so the parts are all to hand but I'm not sure if it's just a case of running wires to the new switch or if it's more involved?

Thanks,
Iain

just run the cable from switch to fog light on one side, link the two fog lights together and earth - job done
hardest part is routing cable through the bulkhead

Cheers,
Paul

I wasn't sure if it was that simple with modern wizardry of canbus etc I thought something might need programmed. Thanks Paul once again you've answered my stoopid questions ;)

No maybe not by modern day standards but it's from the time when all that nonsense began, I much prefer my morris pick up, it has four fuses and one's a spare :D

was helping a mate of mine a few months ago who was refurbishing a 1958 series one land rover, he decided that the wiring loom was shot , os bought a replacement, I was fitting it for him and when complete the last stage was to fit the SINGLE fuse
You do not get more simple than that, so with this in mind the A2 is super modern

Hi. If you want a complete OEM look there is a german seller on ebay selling the wiring harness complete with plugs and instructions.

Sounds good. I did this to my A2 sport as one of my first mods. Very impressed with the harness. All plug and play. Harness terminates in passenger footwell. Hardest job was getting the harness from engine bay into cabin via cable grommet on bulkhead passenger side. Would suggest an old metal coat hanger (straighten, tape on harness and feed thru grommet). Then reseal grommet to stop water ingress. Headlight switch straight swap but check u have the cable for front fogs in ur original loom.

Just found out the fogs on my 'new' A2 were just there for show!! Was replacing the units due to water ingress only to find nothing wired up at all...

It's got the full switch in the dash as well.

So what's the easiest way to get hold of the loom to join them up?

Back