How do i turn off the auto door lock function? Drives me mental.

Do you have VCDS ?
You can show us your existing coding of CCU and members can help with the right code without auto door lock function.

Hello!

What do you consider to be the 'auto door lock function', please? What is the car doing that's driving you mental? I suspect this may be a fault rather than a feature.

Cheers,

Tom

Do you have VCDS ?
You can show us your existing coding of CCU and members can help with the right code without auto door lock function.

Must be a registered version of VCDS Lite, or full fat version to read codes and edit them. There's a utility called "Basecode" into which you enter the current code, select or de-select the options you want or don't, then it generates the new code to suit.
I like "beep on locking"
Mac.

To edit code (add new code) you can use free VCDS lite but it is more complicated without utility and help.
But you can post your existing code and members can help to "decode" it and "write" the new code which can be inserted in CCU with free VCDS lite.

Last edited:
With Tom on this one. Until we are sure it is an auto locking issue and not a lock cycling or similar issue any vcds recode is pointless.. "Drives me mental" sounds to me lock cycling as auto lock locks once and that is it.

With Tom on this one. Until we are sure it is an auto locking issue and not a lock cycling or similar issue any vcds recode is pointless.. "Drives me mental" sounds to me lock cycling as auto lock locks once and that is it.
Absolutely. Let's find out what the symptoms are before we start advising any software changes.

Cheers,

Tom

To edit code (add new code) you can use free VCDS lite but it is more complicated without utility and help.
But you can post your existing code and members can help to "decode" it and "write" the new code which can be inserted in CCU with free VCDS lite.
Vic, are you sure you can read and edit central locking codes (or other controllers) with unregistered, free, vcds-lite?
Mac.

Probably my memory playing up, but I'm sure I couldn't edit controller codes, such as Central Locking, with the unregistered version of vcds-lite. It was a while ago when I paid up and registered my copy though.
Mac.

Hi, my project car used to 'auto lock' when I first got it. If I unlocked the car, opened the drivers door then closed it again the car would lock the doors. I noted that the interior light didn't come on and the dis didn't show the door was open. I changed the door ( not because of the locking issue), and the car didn't 'auto lock'. It was a microswitch problem I think. One of my other A2's has auto lock enabled via vcds. Hope that helps.
Cheers

Before Tom pulls his hair out, lets get this straight.

Auto lock is when the car relocks itself if a door is not opened within about 30 seconds of unlocking the car.
Anti hijack is where the car is programmed to automatically lock all doors when the car speed exceeds about 15mph.

Other issues are NOT auto locking.
Please stop posting about coding until we know what the problem really is. All you are doing is complicating this thread.

@nod your issue that did cause the car to auto lock was the door open microswitch on the drivers door was faulty ( no Dis, no interior lights, no illuminated or functioning fuel flap switch and no illuminated ultrasonic alarm button )

Hi, my project car used to 'auto lock' when I first got it. If I unlocked the car, opened the drivers door then closed it again the car would lock the doors. I noted that the interior light didn't come on and the dis didn't show the door was open. I changed the door ( not because of the locking issue), and the car didn't 'auto lock'. It was a microswitch problem I think. One of my other A2's has auto lock enabled via vcds. Hope that helps.
Your post explains perfectly why we need more information from @thestable. 'Auto lock' is being used here to describe two distinctly different things.

1) When an A2 goes from the locked state to the unlocked state, the car expects a door to be opened within a minute or so. If no door is opened within that time period, the car assumes that the unlock command was sent by accident, so it locks itself again. If, perhaps, the key fob buttons were accidentally pressed at the bottom of a handbag, you wouldn't want the car sitting outside inadvertently unlocked.
A problem arises when a door microswitch circuit fails. If, after unlocking the car, the door with the failed microswitch is opened, the car doesn't know this has happened. As per its logic, it will lock itself again, because it assumes the car was unlocked unintentionally. Unfortunately, if you put your keys inside the car when you opened the dodgy door, they've now been locked in the car.
This behaviour is a fault, not a feature. It's not something that can be switched off in VCDS. It's 'switched off' by fixing the microswitch circuit.

2) The anti-hijack feature is sometimes referred to as 'auto lock'. This feature locks all the doors when you start driving. It stops thieves from pinching your stuff while you're sat at traffic lights, or indeed opening your door, dragging you out, and pinching your entire car.
This feature was never enabled at factory, but it has been enabled on hundreds of A2s by myself and many others. As such, some A2s on the market will have the anti-hijack feature. If you find it irritating, you'll be pleased to know that it can be switched off with ease, using VCDS.

Cheers,

Tom

Edit: @audifan has basically posted the same thing whilst I was writing.

I'm sure I've read instances where a failure in a door module or in the CCCU itself can result in it trying to lock the doors every minute or so, whether the ignition is on or not. @Jason1979 local to me had this issue I think - or at least very similar symptoms. Although he did have some butchered wiring too.

As has been said, we need the full description of the symptoms in order to be able to suggest a resolution.

The member, @thestable, asked a simple question "How do i turn off the auto door lock function?"
The initial replies gave the only (as far as I know) answer.
@thestable has been a member for a few years, and previous posts show he knows his way around an A2.
My assumption was, and still is, that he can tell the difference between a CCCU malfunction and a central locking option that he, personally, finds annoying.
My assumption may, of course, be wrong ...
Mac.

According to Elsawin, there are two central locking modes for the A2, security central locking (SCL) and central locking (CL). For SCL, one press of the unlock button releases the driver's door and the tank flap. A second press, within two seconds, releases the remaining doors. My son's Polo has this characteristic; it also locks itself if no door is opened within about half a minute. My A2 will unlock all doors with one press of the unlock button or with the key; it never locks itself. I suspect that the Polo is set to SCL and my A2 is set to CL. The modes can be changed with VCDS.

RAB

These are the options that can be turned off or on, that I'm aware of, may be others:

1. Windows open/close - The comfort feature allowing windows to be opened or closed by holding the lock/unlock on the key fob.

2. Autolock - The car will lock when you reach 15km/h and unlock when you pull the key from the ignition

3. Alarm confirmation beep - a very subtle beep when the alarm is correctly armed.

4. Double press unlock - the drivers door only will unlock on the first press of the remote, 2nd press will unlock both doors.

I already had 1, and 2, I enabled 3, and 4 (which I found infuriating) was disabled by my indie soon after I bought the car.

Mac.

These are the options that can be turned off or on, that I'm aware of, may be others:

1. Windows open/close - The comfort feature allowing windows to be opened or closed by holding the lock/unlock on the key fob.

2. Autolock - The car will lock when you reach 15km/h and unlock when you pull the key from the ignition

3. Alarm confirmation beep - a very subtle beep when the alarm is correctly armed.

4. Double press unlock - the drivers door only will unlock on the first press of the remote, 2nd press will unlock both doors.

I already had 1, and 2, I enabled 3, and 4 (which I found infuriating) was disabled by my indie soon after I bought the car.

Mac.
1. Is the convenience option.
2. is part of SCL, I assume as there is no separate mention of it in Elsawin.
3. Is confirmation of theft alarm.
4. Component of SCL, so selecting SCL, you get 2 & 4.

There are 15 selectable options in all, including one for RHD and one for USA door logic!

RAB

I'm sure I've read instances where a failure in a door module or in the CCCU itself can result in it trying to lock the doors every minute or so, whether the ignition is on or not. @Jason1979 local to me had this issue I think - or at least very similar symptoms. Although he did have some butchered wiring too.

As has been said, we need the full description of the symptoms in order to be able to suggest a resolution.
Correct for me even with the car locked, you could hear the central locking keep on trying to lock every couple of minutes. Which resulted in the battery dying. I changed the CCCU and that solved the problem of the central locking keep on trying to lock and the battery no longer went flat. But it did not solve the issue of the drivers door not locking via the key fob (all other doors do), I did take the door apart and as @Proghound says I found there someone had snipped all the wiring in the door, I replaced the wiring loom and that got the door mirror working again but still no locking door via the fob. Since it locks by the key I gave up trying to fix the locking via the fob.

Back