How many miles to a tank?

Audimad

United-Kingdom
Does anyone know how many miles can you get out of an A2 1.6FSI on a full tank of fuel?

Last edited:
"How long is a piece of string"?

It depends on the journey, your driving style, and the size of your fuel tank (34L vs. 42L). I get 71-75mpg out of my TDI, other drivers who have to cope with short trips in city traffic only get 50mpg. I don't have a FSI so I can't answer that specifically.

I would guess that in ideal circumstances (brimmed & vented 42L tank, long journeys with careful A-road driving @ 60mph max) it might be 460, for the small tank, short city journeys & spirited driving, it might be half of that. But these are just rough guesses.

"How long is a piece of string"?

It depends on the journey, your driving style, and the size of your fuel tank (34L vs. 42L). I get 71-75mpg out of my TDI, other drivers who have to cope with short trips in city traffic only get 50mpg. I don't have a FSI so I can't answer that specifically.

I would guess that in ideal circumstances (brimmed & vented 42L tank, long journeys with careful A-road driving @ 60mph max) it might be 460, for the small tank, short city journeys & spirited driving, it might be half of that. But these are just rough guesses.
Thanks for the info.

The wife and i are off to the Nurburgring next week and we're not sure which car to take, it's either the A2 1.6FSI or a TT TDI. We can't take both as the wife can't drive. :(

I'd guess that you could get most miles & MPG out of the TT if you drive it carefully since it's a TDI. What's it's engine size & HP?

A2 FSI will do over 400 miles to a tank with no problem. On a long steady run I once got nearly 490 miles to a tank

Back