I collect my A2 tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kslevi

Just to let you all know, that I finally collect my brand new A2 1.4 SE in cobalt blue tomorrow (thursday) after work!

I'm trying to keep cool about it, but just can't wait now!:D

Any last minute points I should know before I sign for it and drive off?

I'll be letting you know how I get on, might go to Tescos for a drive!

Soon to be 03 A2 1.4 SE in Cobalt blue, black interior, Climate Control, Winter Pack

For sure it’s all exciting stuff, and how well I remember the feeling. In terms of tips you might find when driving along that one minute the steering pulls to the left, and the next minute to the right. Do not worry, just go with the flow, because the onboard auto pilot will be trying to take you to the nearest Tesco’s.

With the early dark nights approaching you might be hard pushed to polish the car and visit all your friends in the same evening, but I’m sure you will try.

Regards
John Disdale

Great News.

As John I also remember collecting mine, although I did have to collect my own TAX !!

Remember, get your friends do a shop at Tesco's as the car park lights will be on 24 hours:D, but the car may have a strange orange hue to it.

2001 1.4 TDI SE, Crystal Blue, Open Sky, Climate Control, El.Rear Windows, H&R -2" suspension, 17" five spoke Canonica alloys, Alpine CD/MP3 & Genesis Components & Amps, Focal Sub all custom fitted.

"Early dark nights"....
I do love this time of year when you can drive with sidelights on... tha car always looks better with sidelights on I think...

Kslevi.
Enjoy your car (I'm sure you will)......

Try not to get an attack of shiny car syndrome - check it has all the bits you've spent your hard earned on:eek:il top-up in boot, tyre mobility gunk (both missing on my nearly new demonstrator), check all the alloys for dinks etc.
Now sign on the dotted line, get over the novelty pop-out key (I still haven't) and ENJOY!!!
Mike
PS Stop off at Tescos for some wet wipes - I find these excellent for keeping the white interior trim marks at bay.

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)

If you like driving with your lights on, you should buy a Volvo. The middle of Summer with temperatures over 30C and you have your head lights blazing in the sunshine - and people stopping to tell you that you have your lights on! You would think people would generally have noticed this feature on other Volvos. But never mind.

In Norway most people have dipped beams on all year round, all day. I did see a sign saying that it's law when coming back into Norway from Sweden (where I think it's only sidelights that are compulsary). After a good few month's I'm so used to it that I expect to carry on with at least sidelights in UK - at least through the winter when I'd need them anyway! I find it's much easier to see a vehicle when in strong sunlight or a tunnel. The depressing thing for me is so many people drive with front fog lights on all the time (and not dipped beams). I guess they may be called driving lights, but it sometimes annoys me enough that I put on my rear fog light because it *MUST* be foggy!! Use fog lights in fog/bad visability or for photo's.

Another quick Q relating to me getting an A2: Do they have lights that turn on/off with the ignition (like my Punto) or seperate (like a Vauxhall). I'm now used to the ignition way, with the switch on the indicator stalk. Also, anyone gone with the Xenon's? Why? Are they worth it?

quote:Originally posted by Gav
[br]In Norway most people have dipped beams on all year round, all day. I did see a sign saying that it's law when coming back into Norway from Sweden (where I think it's only sidelights that are compulsary). After a good few month's I'm so used to it that I expect to carry on with at least sidelights in UK - at least through the winter when I'd need them anyway! I find it's much easier to see a vehicle when in strong sunlight or a tunnel. The depressing thing for me is so many people drive with front fog lights on all the time (and not dipped beams). I guess they may be called driving lights, but it sometimes annoys me enough that I put on my rear fog light because it *MUST* be foggy!! Use fog lights in fog/bad visability or for photo's.

Another quick Q relating to me getting an A2: Do they have lights that turn on/off with the ignition (like my Punto) or seperate (like a Vauxhall). I'm now used to the ignition way, with the switch on the indicator stalk. Also, anyone gone with the Xenon's? Why? Are they worth it?

Hi,

Daytime Running Lights are mandatory in some countries. I'm almost certain that it can be done on any A2. There's an empty space in the fusebox that says "Daytime Running Lights". I'll try this weekend.

The lights on the A2 stay on of the ignition is turned off, however they switch from dipped to citylights (that's what we call the first setting on the switch). After starting the car they turn on again.

Xenon lights aren't available from the factory but I did see some manufacturers offering packages that can be installed on any car to retrofit Xenon. Those packages incluides ignitors, transformers and Xenon lights. The Xenons fit in the existing headlight and the centre of the lightsource (brandpunt ?)remains the same so the light image remains the same. Normallt you would fit these into the dipped highbeam lamps.
But.. since the A2 has a different lamp for the high beam it's also possible to fit Xenon high beams aswell (even foglights). Can you imaging flashing your Xenon high beams at someone ?

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Thanks Dennis!

In my quest for good A2 prices I have found some websites offering things like "Xenon Plus headlights+washers+auto range adjust", so assumed they were a factory option.

did you notice how quickly the subject changed, from picking up new car, to driving with yo lights on!

I'm just about to leave to go and pick the car up, so I'll let you know when I get back- or maybe on the weekend when I've stopped playing with the car!!

Cheers

Soon to be 03 A2 1.4 SE in Cobalt blue, black interior, Climate Control, Winter Pack

kslevi,

Everyone should be ashamed of themselves [V] however I am also guilty of this - check out 'A2 Original Equipment Catalogue' thread' - :D

Anyway, remember your new life starts today, so I wish you all the best together. :D:D

Kaine

Hi,

Looked at the fusebox but DRL (Daytime Running Lights) can't be founf there, I guess I was mistaking...

But if you really want them it should be possible, just ask the dealer.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

kslevi

Well it is 5.30 am 20 September, so by my reckoning you have probably just returned home from your rendezvous with your new car.

Hope both you and the car are going well.

5.30 am!? Can't sleep - I'm off to get cooked breakfast and coffee at Tescos. Damn - it's not open yet. Sainsburys is open at 6.00 though so that will be OK.

Jon

Hi kslevi congratulations i remember when i picked up mine what a feeling..
Anyway don´t clean your car everyday don´t sleep on it don´t kiss your a2 hehehe
My girlfriend says that i spend more time with the car instead of her hehehh
Regards
Tiago Casaca a2 1.4 tdi silver
Portugal-Lisbon

TCasaca

Tiago,

If your girlfriend remains jealous of the A2 give her a wash and a polish once a month, and don’t forget to examine the bodywork closely for any imperfections. To be honest I found that many females get switched on when you mention leather, but play safe to start and don’t mention the bucket and sponge.

Regards
John Disdale

quote: 5.30 am!? Can't sleep - I'm off to get cooked breakfast and coffee at Tescos. Damn - it's not open yet. Sainsburys is open at 6.00 though so that will be OK.

[:0] Your local TESCO isn't 24hours [:0]

Now I understand why you mentioned the S word. My local TESCO store only closes on a Sunday afternoon to make sure all A2 owners have some spare time to wash & polish the wife (JD - :D), no sorry, the car.

Kaine

Well I got my car, and its seems very strange seeing it outside my house, I keep thinking its not mine!

Only problem I've had so far is the service module doesn't open when you pull the lever. This happened at the dealer when he was showing me around the car, and went to get fixed, but its not opening again, so I give them a call to fix it.

Also, I thought with the remote locking you could open just the drivers door alone, or press it twice to unlock everything- but cant do this, reading the handbook i think i've got to take it to dealer to have security mode programmed.
Has any one got this and is there any point?

I'm very pleased with the car, climate control is excellent, and I'm looking forward to the engine and gears losening up a bit.

I love the way the lights come on in the front and rear, and then dim out when you put key in ignition.

So many things to play with, the flick key is great!

Kslevi,

I hope the excitement continues for ages, and I’m sure that when you look at the car in 12 months time you will appreciate its styling equally as much as what you do today.

Regarding the remote central locking I always especially liked the A2 option of being able to open or close the windows (by holding the appropriate open or close button), however the option that you describe of say only unlocking the drivers door appears to only be available on VW cars. Several years ago I would have felt that such an option was plain daft, but with so many “car jackings” going on in Britain it is a very worthy feature – as is locking yourself in whilst driving through many cities.

Regarding problems with your service flap several A2 owners have suffered from that, but once cured I am not aware of it being an ongoing problem.

Regards
John Disdale

Yep - I had major problems with my service console - and as you mention, when I collected it, the dealer could not open it - and he got one of the mechanics to force it. A couple of hours later it jammed again - so went back to the dealer who said they would look at it. Half an hour later - whilst enjoying Audi's legendary hospitality (well coffee, car magazines and SkySports anyway), the dealer came back and said that they had actually changed all the cabling, etc.

Its been fine ever since. Do not be fobbed off by your dealer asking you to give the lever a good yank - when working properly, you should be able to release the flap using a single finger (no innuendo please!)

kslevi i´m glad you have finally your a2 believe it our not is your ehehe and John Disdale i did as you told me a wash and polish my girl everyday but she doesn´t believe i love her more than the a2
heheheheheh
Anyway in Portugal the A2 is an expensive car i´m glad to see a few running the highway it´s a good feeling driving such an original car i had contact a few a2 owners in Lisbon and the love too i also start to change some emails to then
Happy driving

TCasaca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back