I double dinned Boxy

BoxyA2

Well after gathering all the parts I needed today was the day for my double din dash conversion I’d taken the dash out of my breaker cleaned everything to within an inch of its life.. so

09:30 this morning Boxy looked in fine form

53EFE48F-73B4-4123-A361-9C949198D2D2.jpeg

At 11:30 maybe not so much

78855080-A377-4553-916F-505B2DC7EFD3.jpeg

But at 14:40

Here’s Boxy with a double din dash I like the platinum centre console plus rear cup holders.. all went surprisingly well and not bad for 4,5hrs graft
34BA8706-2BCF-4F42-A1A5-CC3EAD1D0B8E.jpeg
9C961F14-092E-41D7-BC4A-94C26B188C96.jpeg

Mission complete... still lots to do ;)

Did you do it with the front seats in place? Squeezing yourself into the passenger football to get the screws from above the passenger airbag is my least favourite job.

Did you do it with the front seats in place? Squeezing yourself into the passenger football to get the screws from above the passenger airbag is my least favourite job.

Yep, was so much fun doing a handstand in the footwell not being the smallest of blokes didn’t help.. if I ever have the need to do it again 1st job remove front seats..

Looking good. I was considering this for "Albus" but as he is Dawns's second car then I thought it would go to the bottom of my list. We don't have kids so the back is not used and I therefore also moved rear cupholders etc. to the bottom of the list.

Looking good. I was considering this for "Albus" but as he is Dawns's second car then I thought it would go to the bottom of my list. We don't have kids so the back is not used and I therefore also moved rear cupholders etc. to the bottom of the list.
Its pretty straight forward id never done one before but had an insight removing the DD dash from my breaker.. well worth the work though it makes such a difference..

Ian

looking great --am i alone in liking the look of an A2 without a dash. Its like looking into the sole of the car lol Obviously not to drive it like that.

Back