if you only polished and waxed your car once a year...

venusinfurs

... when would it be, before or after winter?

Just wondering as I'm thinking of getting a professional polish done, just not sure if its worth doing now or after Winter, my guess is now.

... when would it be, before or after winter?

Just wondering as I'm thinking of getting a professional polish done, just not sure if its worth doing now or after Winter, my guess is now.

I would do it before winter, because the car is going to be damp for a long while and have road salt etc. thrown at it and the wax will help protect it.

But once is not enough!

Steve B

Before winter as Steve says.

Much easier to wash your car once coated and the sh1te doesn't stick to it so much. :)

And once a year is not enough... Lol

thanks, the thing is I want to get a professional valet/polish done once a year because I can't do it properly myself (the polish that is), then in between I'll probably go with Autoglym Aqua Wax to maintain which seems to do a good job when regularly used.

thanks, the thing is I want to get a professional valet/polish done once a year because I can't do it properly myself (the polish that is), then in between I'll probably go with Autoglym Aqua Wax to maintain which seems to do a good job when regularly used.

I would have thought that after a hard winter and when the sun starts to shine you might want to at least give it a normal wax, rather than a full on polish if you do the full one this winter. Just to show it at its best, but protection is important (even on an aluminium / Plastic car)and so if it is going to be one, then as I say, winter for me.

Steve B

And I have always found the Autoglym product range to be top notch. Most of my show cars have been black and you MUST have a good Wax for a black finish, it tends to show all smears and scratches.

Steve b

thanks, I may stretch to twice a year, once before and once after winter... it's not 'that' expensive compared to other car expenses and is the most visible :cool:

If your looking for a product that lasts and is easy to maintain - especially gloss and luster - get yourself some Zaino.

Zaino is so easy to apply and wipe off its bloody ridiculous...initial application; firstly clay your car, then add a layer if AIO polish, top with Z2 sealant, wipe over with Z6 gloss and then finish with a wipe over of Z8 finale (you can repeat Z6 and Z8 as you like). Next time you wash it add a wipe of Z6 after drying and finish with a wipe of Z8. Easy blooming peasy...

Collinite is good but it's a b1tch to wipe off without hazing or marring the finish. Zaino is easy and quick every time. I've used most waxes on the market and was a but a freak with it all. Moved to Zaino about three years ago and never looked back. Weird to use at first because you only use so little but when your used to it great results and bling everytime :)

Yes there's other stuff out there and people have their favourites or methods, just my opinion :)

Back