If your bored look up Ben pon jnr he’s by old boss ..

Ben pon father started with selling the beetle after the war One of the very richest families in Holland estimated 5 billion ..just him and his brother ..I work for a good few years winter time on a shoot which he owned cricket St Thomas it’s finished couple years ago ..it was a million pound shoot for his mates and friends only no sold days ..3 keepers & just under 30,000 birds down Ben was X racing driver good shot with the gun shot for Holland in the olympics his best mate Gijs van lennep himself an ex racing driver he still is a test driver for Audi ? I’ve met dozens of times on the shoots really nice guy ..google the family ..it’s worth a read his dad came up with the van/ caravanete he sponsors a huge meet in Holland every year ..Ben also has one of the best wineries in Carmel valley California bernadus ..I know he’s involved with Porsche as he had new one every year both here and California ...the cars he arrived on shoots with from classics to one of the first mclarens off production line ..but a true gent very humble and generous his armed body guard went everywhere with him even loading on double gun ..it’s always been a hobby for me working on a couple of shoots from Oct to end of jan plenty of fresh air ..my mates are ex keepers ..
A funny story at the end of each shoot he would take everyone up the pub but it wasn’t always open as long as he would have liked so he bought it so he could go in any time ?..

Yes Ben Pon was one of the first people to really see the potential for Volkswagen - after Rootes / Ford etc had declared it not to be worth anything. Funny how the big manufacturers could be so wrong but a guy with some sales expertise actually knew what people wanted!! And became wealthy as a result.

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with shooters. Except to maybe set them loose on a big estate and then go hunting them.

LG.

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with shooters. Except to maybe set them loose on a big estate and then go hunting them.

LG.
Well we all have our opinions and I do respect that genuinely ...I have always fished as well ..but I eat what I catch..if anyone that eats meat ..but is against shooting I find that odd ..I am not talking about fox hunting with hounds I’ve never agreed with that ..but if you keep birds and a fox gets in your pen and bites the heads off a dozen birds ..who is the hunter ..would I shoot that fox err yes ..

I don't eat either meat or fish, (and haven't now for 29yrs.) I don't believe a fox in a hen house is biting the heads off a dozen birds for fun. More likely it is simply reacting to the frenzy of a dozen birds flapping around.

I'm, sure that "country sportsmen" will attempt to come up with examples to prove otherwise, but it's only humans that kill massive numbers of other animals purely for "fun".

LG.

That’s it please Citroen sm ..as I have said I respect your views ..but as above not the forum ...I seem to court controversy ?

Last edited:
Back