Impressive MPG

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
I have recently started using Fuelly.com and I have to say I am very impressed :)

I managed to 434.5 miles from a full tank and that's about 44ltrs of fuel in the tank

Fuelly is now saying I am doing 44.9MPG which I am very happy with :)

Would love to compare other 1.4 Sport A2s MPG

DIS currently saying 41.2 MPG

Last edited:
how have you linked your signature to fuelly? I have been using it but not worked out how you link

This is how you do it.

From your Fuelly Profile go to the Vehicle Profile

Down the bottom left you will see your Fuelly Badge, click on it You will see in the banner image boxes with*some code,in that code will be the digit number.

Paste the following code [fuelly=uk]00000[/fuelly] into your*FF signature (where 00000 is your vehicle's code number)

44 litres is a heck of a lot for a 42l tank, you must have been really forcing it in! Never got more than 43 in mine :D

Bear in mind though to be accurate strictly speaking you should fill to the same level each time as the MPG will be calculated on full to empty amount and mileage, just something I've noticed with Fuelly.

p.s see my sig for comparison

Cheers

44 litres is a heck of a lot for a 42l tank, you must have been really forcing it in! Never got more than 43 in mine :D

Bear in mind though to be accurate strictly speaking you should fill to the same level each time as the MPG will be calculated on full to empty amount and mileage, just something I've noticed with Fuelly.

p.s see my sig for comparison

Cheers

I said 44ltrs but it was 43.93 exactly :)

I think that was running on fumes , DIS said range 0 and needle was well in the red , The petrol pump clicked once for it to get that .

I always fill it up from empty to full so I can get accurate MPG reading .

I must be getting old , in the past it was all about BHP but I am more in to MPG at the moment :) I get excited everytime I fill up :p trying to beat my previous MPG .

Last edited:
It is addictive. I drive entirely differently from how I did in my previous, auto, car.

In 2 weeks of ownership DIS hasn't read lower than 60-70mpg. I filled up the first time, but wasn't fuelly'd up, so my second fill up was the first on fuelly... I'm waiting to refill, but still have about half a tank left! I use my car to commute AND for work. So lots of itty bitty journeys from cold, yet STILL I can't get the car to do less than 60mpg! I was hovering around 62mpg until I changed the break pads and shoes at the weekend, and then did some progressively harder stops to bed the pads. Now I'm trying to get from 60 to 61mpg, but other drivers get in the way, comfort braking on every bend and round about. Makes me want to scream "DONT TOUCH YOUR BRAKE FOR NO REASON".

A while back I'd have just overtaken them, now I'm obsessed with MPG!

It's definitely addictive, maybe we should have a competition to see who can get the best tank average :D

Let the battle commence :)

Would be nice if someone can do a sort of table / league of the results, sort of a mini league , who-ever wins gets a trophy :)

4 leagues :

TDI league

1.4 Sport league

1.4 SE league

FSI league

Sorry , my mind is full of weird ideas :p

It is addictive. I drive entirely differently from how I did in my previous, auto, car.

In 2 weeks of ownership DIS hasn't read lower than 60-70mpg. I filled up the first time, but wasn't fuelly'd up, so my second fill up was the first on fuelly... I'm waiting to refill, but still have about half a tank left! I use my car to commute AND for work. So lots of itty bitty journeys from cold, yet STILL I can't get the car to do less than 60mpg! I was hovering around 62mpg until I changed the break pads and shoes at the weekend, and then did some progressively harder stops to bed the pads. Now I'm trying to get from 60 to 61mpg, but other drivers get in the way, comfort braking on every bend and round about. Makes me want to scream "DONT TOUCH YOUR BRAKE FOR NO REASON".

A while back I'd have just overtaken them, now I'm obsessed with MPG!

Me to , for over a year now I have never exceeded 60mph , On my DIS I have displayed instant MPG and I cringe as soon as I have to go up a hill :( but have a big smile while I am coasting downhill .

I think it's quite a good idea ;)

My first thought was to write some kind of web app that would pull the data from Fuelly automatically, but it doesn't seem to have an API so it would have to be an 'in house' thing for the club...am I getting ahead of myself? :D

I think it's quite a good idea ;)

My first thought was to write some kind of web app that would pull the data from Fuelly automatically, but it doesn't seem to have an API so it would have to be an 'in house' thing for the club...am I getting ahead of myself? :D

I don't think you are . I reckon this should be implemented :) Just think how much money A2oc members will save on fuel !!!! and the thought of getting a trophy and maybe getting the winner of the league to have their own special tag example where it says " A2OC donor " maybe have " TDI MPG champion 2013 " :)

Was actually just reading Riverlad's instructions on how to set up the signature from Fuelly

Signed up a few weeks ago so now I have some figures to see a more accurate mpg

Has been interesting comparing the other FSIs listed

I don't think you are . I reckon this should be implemented :) Just think how much money A2oc members will save on fuel !!!! and the thought of getting a trophy and maybe getting the winner of the league to have their own special tag example where it says " A2OC donor " maybe have " TDI MPG champion 2013 " :)

If there's enough interest, I'm game

It's a nice idea, however, I have reservations about the idea of a competition. Mainly cos they won't favour me...

I do mainly short journeys, plus commuting to and from work. So I'll never be up there with someone who uses their car once a week to do a 100 mile road trip on a M'way. In the same way someone who drives in central London all day will have a much lower MPG than me...

Nice idea tho. Surely the only way to measure such things well would be a meet and drive, and follow a set route etc...

I am getting ahead of myself now:rolleyes:

It's a nice idea, however, I have reservations about the idea of a competition. Mainly cos they won't favour me...

I do mainly short journeys, plus commuting to and from work. So I'll never be up there with someone who uses their car once a week to do a 100 mile road trip on a M'way. In the same way someone who drives in central London all day will have a much lower MPG than me...

Nice idea tho. Surely the only way to measure such things well would be a meet and drive, and follow a set route etc...

I am getting ahead of myself now:rolleyes:

Or who could achieve the best MPG out of all individual fillups in a whole year? I'm sure we all take at least one long trip a year :D

4 leagues :

TDI league

1.4 Sport league

1.4 SE league

FSI league

Why should there be two different leagues for the 1.4 based on something as superficial as spec', but only one league for the TDI when there are a few distinct variants? The only thing about a Sport that affects its consumption is its wider tyres and heavier wheels.

MikeMars wins hands down. My peak economy is still considerably lower than Mike's, and there's only really one difference between our cars: the wheel/tyre combo.
The massive difference in economy between the TDI and 1.4 petrol almost surprises me... and there's all that torque... sorry, I'm showing my bias again... :p

Tom

Last edited:
Back