indicators not working properly

nicky

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone could help me, my indicators have started to muck around on both sides, they will flash for two seconds then go off or they won't work at all. The hazards work though

Could it be the relay, if so where is the relay fuse box?

or could it be the stalk?

any ideas thanks:rolleyes:

Thanks Spike,

We are hoping it is as we need it done as cheaply as possible, i'll have to look into how much the whole box will cost:)

I think a relay is around £17 new? (at least, the glow plug relay is something like that. I don't know if the indicator relay is more complicated or not).

Looking at my catalogue, it seems the flasher relay is a little over £30 including VAT from a dealer.

Cheers,

Mike

Okay, thanks that seems quite reasonable, as I was expecting to pay over £100 to get a garage to do it!

£30 from a dealer is part only i'm afraid---there is a "how to " on here in the "how to " section. i fitted my one a few years back even with my fat hands--did shed blood though! and turned the air blue--oops. good luck mike
ps nice colour,fellow castle red;)

hhmmmmm i cant find the "how to" now sorry

Last edited:
Is that what the colour is called, I wasn't sure it's a great colour!

I'm lucky, I don't have to get my hands dirty that's what husbands are for;0!ha ha

I'm lucky, I don't have to get my hands dirty that's what husbands are for;0!ha ha

Don't speak too soon - small hands are a definite advantage in getting to the indicator relay, so you might be pressed into helping before the job is done!

Cheers,

Mike

Don't speak too soon - small hands are a definite advantage in getting to the indicator relay, so you might be pressed into helping before the job is done!

Cheers,

Mike

Ha ha yes, I hadn't thought of that! I'm keeping quiet I don't want to break a nail;0

Wow! What a fiddly job. Indicator relay replaced with thanks to the various posts on here but not without the air turning blue and my knuckles turning red. Also decided to ‘sacrifice’ one of the plastic retainers holding the relay in place because a large wiring loom to the side was preventing it coming out at all.

Back