interior door panels

Dangermouse67

A2OC Donor
Hi,
I have noticed the (black) interior door cards and armrest/door pull areas of my car are looking a bit tired in places. Its not the cloth part - its the more plastic areas. they appear to have light marks on them, almost like fading. Anyone else noticed this on their car?
Any suggestions as to what i can use to clean/rejuvenate them?

many thanks

I use a spray called Groom on my seats and door cars and it cleans them up perfectly.
You can get it from Halfords
John

For cloth seats we use tesco's own upholstery cleaner found in the car accessories section and is the best we have used by far! for vinyls and plastics we use Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Dash & Trim Restorer

Shine lasts for weeks, Dries fast & is non-greasy!!!!! Withstands washing & rain, UV protection, creates rich shine & darkness on interior surfaces such as dashboard and door panels and brings new life to exterior trim and moldings.

I used to be an avid autoglym user and wouldn't have anything else on my car until I was bought some meguiars stuff and haven't looked back :)

They are such a bad choice of material to have in an area that receives knocks and bumps as they mark from impact so you will need to clean them regularly and i used autoglymn like David but eventually got so fed-up that i had them re trimmed in leather

Chris

Cheers for all the tips.
I have some Autoglym upholstry cleaner tho i am gradually converting all my supplies to Meguiars. I will use a process of trial and error.
I must agree with Chris, the door trims dont appear to be very hard wearing, especially around the door release handle where it seems to be "faded".
Project for this weekend lol
cheers!

The 'door pull' area? Do you mean the plastic area behind the metal door release handle or the hole where you pull the door on the arm rest? The part behind the release handle is covered with soft touch coating, as is the electric windows switches surround and the inner part of the arm rest 'hole'. There isn't nothing that can fix if the surface is rubbed off. It is a common problem on VAG cars. Otherwise, the textured plastic surface is tougher, but depends on which bit. The textured plastic on the gear change column for example, although not soft touch, does have a surface coating what can be rubbed off (mine has visible peeling), but I think the rest of the door card with the textured surface don't have such coating.

And as such, just a piece of damp cloth. If it is greasy, kitchen paper or McD napkin are great for absorbing greasy, followed by a damp cloth wipe.

Last edited:
Too much really! I had the fabric parts done in alcantara and the plastic bits done in leather by a trimmer mate who owed me a few favours, he did it for me for £400 but i think you would pay more unless you knew a trimmer. I can take some close up photos if you are interested in getting it done

Chris

Back