Interior Sensor button

bleng

Just joined the A2 ownership club and sorting out my 96000m 1.6FSi - The button to turn off the interior sensor is not attached - the socket is there in the panel, but the button 'spring mechanism' is in pieces- see pictures... does anyone know if it is possible to reassemble, if all the pieces look intact, or if I need to source an entire new button mechanism... See pictures... .
20220408_112413.jpg
20220408_110500.jpg

Just joined the A2 ownership club and sorting out my 96000m 1.6FSi - The button to turn off the interior sensor is not attached - the socket is there in the panel, but the button 'spring mechanism' is in pieces- see pictures... does anyone know if it is possible to reassemble, if all the pieces look intact, or if I need to source an entire new button mechanism... See pictures... .
View attachment 93087View attachment 93088
That looks intact and should go back together

Hi,

Welcome.

Erling is more optimistic than me, my experience is the bits may look intact but they are not, bits missing and very difficult to tell they are missing.

Being pessimistic if you need a replacement they are no longer available new from Audi which has had the knock on effect they have gone scarce and expensive on ebay, just one one today at £53! Just make sure the part number ends in A for RHD, 8L4962109A.

They are available from Audi Tradition for €26 + shipping and there are means within the club to circumnavigate our Brexit ban.

If it does not go back together and you are happy with a used one you could put an ad in Wanted in the Marketplace to alert our recyclers.

Welcome again.

Andy.

If it does go back together and works, then use some clear tape to just cover the front face to hold the assembly together. If it does not work it is academic so will need to be replaced eventually.

Note the car and alarm will function just fine with the switch the way it is now. All the switch does is temporarily disable the interior monitoring NOT the whole alarm.

If you should happen across a cheap LHD one (part number without the A suffix) then you can still fit it, it would just have to be upside-down.

If it does go back together and works, then use some clear tape to just cover the front face to hold the assembly together. If it does not work it is academic so will need to be replaced eventually.

Note the car and alarm will function just fine with the switch the way it is now. All the switch does is temporarily disable the interior monitoring NOT the whole alarm.
Have managed to figure out how the bits fit together and yes - it does work, but as you have guessed the 'tabs' are missing so the button vibrates out... I will try the clear tape idea, or may even try a dab of gorilla glue on the 2 white plastic prongs that press against the button (taking great care obviously not to stick bits together that should stay 'mobile' :) )

Have managed to figure out how the bits fit together and yes - it does work, but as you have guessed the 'tabs' are missing so the button vibrates out... I will try the clear tape idea, or may even try a dab of gorilla glue on the 2 white plastic prongs that press against the button (taking great care obviously not to stick bits together that should stay 'mobile' :) )
When I ‘repaired’ a fuel switch I simply trial fitted it without the spring. It went back in fine and is still functioning. As such I do have a backup one in case it fails again but that was 2 years ago. I may though have just got lucky and have more ‘tab’ left than you.

The fuel switch is different to the alarm switch in its internal function. The fuel switch is just a passing contact to trip the flap solenoid but the alarm is more an on / off switch and needs the spring.

Back