Interior Sensor

poghead

Evening,

My sensor button is broken on the B pillar, is there another way to turn off the sensor as the alarm keeps going off if for example the dog is in the back,

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replacing the switch is the answer. Is the switch complete? As the switch has to be set every time you do not want the ultrasonics enabled not sure I would want to remove the plug and wire the 2 terminals of the switch together as this may cause other alarm issues.

Alternatively when the dog is in the car do not lock it - best alarm system around by far - a hungry big dog.😄

New switches are available but most appear to be for LHD cars. They do fit RHD but you have to rotate the switch by 180 so the icon ends upside down.

Thanks for the speedy response. The face has come off and been lost so it’s a no go for repair. At the risk of leaving my friendly collie cross who is more likely to lick any potential thief’s to death than bite I will order a LHD switch. I’ve see RHD ones are extortionate!

Thanks for the speedy response. The face has come off and been lost so it’s a no go for repair. At the risk of leaving my friendly collie cross who is more likely to lick any potential thief’s to death than bite I will order a LHD switch. I’ve see RHD ones are extortionate!

If you would accept used and in poor condition I expect one of the breakers on here might have one if you ask. (This is not meant to imply our breakers sell poor condition items, just the opposite is generally true, if they had one in reasonable condition it would be advertised for sale but not unacceptable items, but I guess they might keep for 'emergencies').

The interior sensor switch is available new from Audi Tradition for circa £25+shipping but currently will not sell to the UK. If you have friends/family/other in the EU ask them to buy it and post to you but we also have another method.

Andy

Last edited:
Back