IONIQ 5 - Reservation starts 25th Feb - delivery of the 3000 first ones planned for June/July - Cost ?

dieselfan

A2OC Donor
Consider to sign in for one of these.
What is the offer in:

UK
France
Holland
Germany
Norway - 499.000 NOK / 42.400 £

Like the look of it and I think Hyundai and Kia are probably the best non Tesla EVs

A really beautiful car it is!

She would have greatly benefited from a 2 litre petrol engine though.

When the industry cannot make a smartphone battery last for a week,
to spend £42K and be absolutely aware every second of driving about
a battery drain...

If there are any here that have managed to "reserved" one of the 3000 Ioniq 5, and are willing to share the main text og the confirmation letter, alternatively by IM (I am not after the personal part of the mail.... just the main text)

Also very very very interested to know what the prize tag says in UK, Holland and Germany, please ?
On the Norwegian page the prize is fully open on the main page....

Cheers
dieselfan

Japanese Korean Chinese all the same to me. EV’s with the current liquid state battery technology are a total waste of money. Either wait until 2024 for solid state technology to become available or go for FCEV Mirai, Nexo etc.

Believe you should try a EV before you decide.

Once you go electric, you would never go back to the stoneage.

Edit:

December figures: 70 percent of all newsales are pure EVs in Norway and Netherlands.

VW group will stop selling fossile cars in 4 years in Norway

Last edited:
There’s me thinking this was an Audi A2 forum not a Japanese EV one ??
The tread I have posted in sub forum "Carpark". When typing this, there are no A2 related content among the 18 first threads.
That fact have lead me to believe that is OK to post non A2 related content in this sub-forum.

@drewroberts: is it more "wrong" to post EV stuff in the "Carpark", than Motorcycle stuff and Ferrari stuff ???
(I ask since I cannot see that you have commented same way to them.....)

I do not have the authority to delete the thread, and I cannot undo what's done, but I will stop posting here and hope that will please you

The tread I have posted in sub forum "Carpark". When typing this, there are no A2 related content among the 18 first threads.
That fact have lead me to believe that is OK to post non A2 related content in this sub-forum.

@drewroberts: is it more "wrong" to post EV stuff in the "Carpark", than Motorcycle stuff and Ferrari stuff ???
(I ask since I cannot see that you have commented same way to them.....)

I do not have the authority to delete the thread, and I cannot undo what's done, but I will stop posting here and hope that will please you
I was enjoying reading. Please keep it coming. One day soon a kit will be readily available to convert the A2 to EV and maybe it will use a Hyundai motor?
People don't have to read this thread if they don't want to.

A totally relevant thread in the carpark section and to a degree on the forum itself. The A2 was and still remains innovative and a front-runner in automotive history. EV, whilst not new per se, is pioneering a new wave of motoring for us all. Who knows, if the rumours are true, the next generation A2 could follow the electrickery power train and be gracing these pages for years to come.

Electric vehicles are a dead-end with the current (no pun intended) available technology.
They are not environmentally sustainable, there's not enough raw materials available to build the batteries anyway and have you seen how mines operate?
Its all greenwashing, your electricity has to come from somewhere i.e.burning coal, gas or going nuclear. Wind and nuclear tech still requires the use of massive energy expenditure up front and then energy storage (hydro etc)
Want to cut pollution? Its not cars, trucks or air travel that are the big CO2 emitters:

Steel and cement production account for 30% of the worlds emissions.

Electric vehicles are a dead-end with the current (no pun intended) available technology.
They are not environmentally sustainable, there's not enough raw materials available to build the batteries anyway and have you seen how mines operate?
Its all greenwashing, your electricity has to come from somewhere i.e.burning coal, gas or going nuclear. Wind and nuclear tech still requires the use of massive energy expenditure up front and then energy storage (hydro etc)
Want to cut pollution? Its not cars, trucks or air travel that are the big CO2 emitters:

Steel and cement production account for 30% of the worlds emissions.
You should remember that driving a car is a privelege, not a right.

For mining, look up cornishlithium.com.

Lastly, if you think that taking carbon from the ground and putting it in the atmosphere is sustainable, you're in for a big shock!

RAB

Never said that it was, but the notion of aggressive mining prectices to extract dwindling, finite resources (sound familiar?) just to move the pollution source from vehicle tailpipe to powerstations is ridiculous.
There is no "zero emissions" transport. Everything comes at a cost.

iirc China holds the lion's share of lithium deposits?

What we need is for people to travel (drive) less, along with a policy reversal on out of town retail development. Walk or cycle to the village shops, not drive to the retail park.

The current pandemic has shown what is possible for many. Commuting for hours every day en-masse just to be in an office could become a thing of the past.

PS I am not a climate change denier, but I am a realist and wasnt born yesterday.

just to move the pollution source from vehicle tailpipe to powerstations is ridiculous.
The whole point of electric cars is to charge from renewable sources. You can easily choose your home supplier and your charging network. Driving an electric car from a fossil fuel source is little better than driving a fossil fuel car, as far as CO2 is concerned. Before you comment, if everybody bought their electricity from green sources, there would be no fossil fuel sources.

RAB

Back