IT22: 19+20 Feb '22

Added to Calendar: 19-02-22, 20-02-22

bretti_kivi

Hi,
so a social that normally isn't on the radar in the UK; Icetrack 22 is currently being set up and will be held from 19 to 20th Feb 2022. Base is as in the last few editions the hotel Lohimaa near Tervo and our track will be again just outside Vesanto.

Timetable is as in previous years: be on the ferry from Travemünde that leaves at 0300 on Thursday night, arrive in Helsinki Friday morning at 0900, and then drive up during the day. Track time all day Saturday and Sunday from 0900 to 1700. Your call at that point on what you want to do next; use this as a springboard for a trip up north to Rovaniemi to meet Santa or some reindeer (or both), maybe Tromsö to try and get the northern lights... your call. Many will be driving down again Monday to get some time in Helsinki Tuesday before catching the 1700 ferry back to Germany - that arrives Wednesday 2100.

Pricing is similar so far to last time; €200 for track time, €50-60 for accommodation depending on what room type. I will come up with numbers for the food package cloer to the time, I am still working on the details for that.

If you're interested, let me know and I will furnish you with details. An FB group is already set up, as is a Signal one.

You don't need to speak Finnish; English is enough. You do need to be prepared for serious cold (though I expect more -10C than -30C); you will need winter tyres.
This is something like the 13th iteration, so I've answered most questions before. Yes, we may be hit by corona restrictions, let's see what happens.

. Bret

Back