Just bought my first A2, and joined here at the same time.

OleBen

Hello A2 community.

I just bought my first A2, and we are already loving it.
It's a dark blue 2001 TDI (AMF) that have rolled 273000 km, and it has BOSE, leather seats and glass roof.
The car lived it's first years in Germany (until 2005), when it was sold to a Norway. I bought it in Norway in December 2018, and took it to Estonia where I live now.
As with most cars that are sold cheap, it has its faults.
1. Starter is cranking slowly, will try and clean it up before I order a new one.
2. It goes into limp home if you drive to fast in 5. gear, around 90 kph (low boost fault code). Cycle the ignition, and its good to go. Need to check the known faults for this, luckily I have my trusty VCDS to lean on.
3. Webasto is not working (Temp sensor G18 fault code), so will need to change the sensor. Found the part number for it on a German site, I will not pay the bill to replace it yet.
4. Thermostat? Car will not heat up unless I'm driving @ 80 or above. Could be due to the Webasto, but I'm changing the water pump (And timing belt) anyway, so would be foolish not to change the Thermostat at the same time. Just 2 extra bolts when the engine is empty from cooling fluid anyway.
5. Roof wont open (According to the previous owner), but I will leave it like that until the summer. Not any fun to find out that you can close it, and it's -25 outside...
6. Someone put a double din radio in it, but haven't connected it properly. No sound, I guess (haven't checked yet) that they haven't bought the cable for the BOSE connector.
7. some minor details like door locks that do not show open door, rear seats that will not fully lock into place and stuff like that.

Did I mention that we love the car already?
Drove from Oslo to Stockholm (ish) and had a consumption of 3,7 pr 100 km. And the car was filled up to the roof in the back (literally), even the hidden floor was filled with food and other stuff. :)

I do not have so much plans for the car, except fixing what is wrong (Except maybe the glass roof), and keep it in good condition.
Hopefully it will be nice to us, and not give to much problem.

Have a great evening.

you should pop over and meet the guys in a few weeks - a couple of them know the Webasto in and out....

- Bret

Welcome to the club. Doesn't sound like anything too major there. The limp mode is probably as simple as a split in a turbo/intercooler hose or the intercooler itself.

Hi and welcome,
Sounds like a nice little car. Unfortunately I am more of a petrol guy myself so I know very little about the diesels, what I do know about however is the opensky sunroof. If it is not opening, it is an extremely common fault coming from a small misdesign in the moving parts. If I were you, I would not try yourself as it is properly tricky if you don't know what you're doing. I offer a repair service for the roofs with genuine Audi fixes, but I know that you probably do not want to travel as far as here to get it fixed.
If you ever have any questions about the roof, drop me a message, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks,

Adam

Thanks, guys. :)
@Kleynie Yes, It might be to far to travel, but you never know. Maybe combine it with a vacation. :D
Have you ever worked with the Tesla Model S sunroof? I have "some" experience with it, and curious to how it compares with it.

Thanks, guys. :)
@Kleynie Yes, It might be to far to travel, but you never know. Maybe combine it with a vacation. :D
Have you ever worked with the Tesla Model S sunroof? I have "some" experience with it, and curious to how it compares with it.
Afraid not, though I can imagine it is quite different to an A2s due to the lifting of 2 panels at once on the A2. Worth a bit of looking into probably.

Back