Key fob.

Timsmini

Hello can anyone help me my key fob has stopped working the car was parked up for a couple of years with the battery disconnected and now the key fob has stopped working. I’ve YouTube it and done what they say and nothing does anyone know how to do this. Thanks

I presume you've charged the car battery up so that the CCCU gets sufficient power. But have you changed the key fob battery? It may well also be flat in which case no amount of attempting to resync it with the CCCU would be any use. It takes a CR2032.

Afternoon,

As Ian says above, you need to resynchronise the key fob to the vehicle. Simple process.

Follow this link which should get your remote central locking working again if this particular key fob previously worked in this very A2.

Kind regards,

Tom

I presume you've charged the car battery up so that the CCCU gets sufficient power. But have you changed the key fob battery? It may well also be flat in which case no amount of attempting to resync it with the CCCU would be any use. It takes a CR2032.
Hello. Yep I’ve done all off that. Thanks

Try taking the battery out and bending the tabs gently so they make a stronger connection - I kept having key issues on Akoya but this solved them at a stroke.

Beyond this, I would drop @timmus a PM for further troubleshooting

Hello. Yep I’ve done all off that. Thanks
Evening,

If the above procedure has failed to resynchronise the remote fob to the vehicle then something else must be wrong as it has never failed me and many others before me.

As the vehicle has been parked up for a while can I ask if it was stood in the elements or was it stored under cover. If left out in the elements then natural build up of debris can eventually block drainage channels. Is there any signs of water ingress in the passengers footwell compartment?

Is there any evidence of rodent activity anywhere as this could lead you to the conclusion of loom damage from rodents chewing their way through the vehicles harness.

Although both are extreme worst case, they are not unheard of. Hopefully its as simple as David says above and a little bend of the battery springs will cure the issue.

It would help if you can find someone local to offer you a free scan with VCDS as they would be able to narrow down any faults and also test the function of the remote part of the fob. Have a look at this link and read through to the part where it mentions 'adjustment to recognised', this is the CCCU picking up the signal from the fob. If the CCCU isn't 'hearing' the fob then its either damaged or the fob isn't correctly powered due to the battery springs or corrosion.

Hope this helps out.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello can anyone help me my key fob has stopped working the car was parked up for a couple of years with the battery disconnected and now the key fob has stopped working. I’ve YouTube it and done what they say and nothing does anyone know how to do this. Thanks
Does the car unlock with the key in the lock?
If so does it start and run?
Mac.

Try taking the battery out and bending the tabs gently so they make a stronger connection - I kept having key issues on Akoya but this solved them at a stroke.

Beyond this, I would drop @timmus a PM for further troubleshooting
Hello. Just tried that. Nothing.

Hello again,

Ive already posted twice to provide possible solutions and see you’ve already posted on one of the linked threads.

It would help if you can find someone local to offer you a free scan with VCDS as they would be able to narrow down any faults and also test the function of the remote part of the fob. Have a look at this link and read through to the part where it mentions 'adjustment to recognised', this is the CCCU picking up the signal from the fob. If the CCCU isn't 'hearing' the fob then its either damaged or the fob isn't correctly powered due to the battery springs or corrosion.

Seems like you need to have some kind soul scan your vehicle with VCDS to investigate further. Both the CCCU can be checked for faults and also see if the key fob is transmitting it’s signal.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back