Key remote and immobilizer reprogramming

Tim147

Hello! Have been reading topics including key programming but not quite sure how this goes since it seems that there is different options.

I have 2 older style keys. I swapped my CCCU from K to AF and ordered older style key with newer "8Z0 837 231 D" circuit board. I understood that I can change my working blade/immobilizer part to new key fob and just resync remote control to work again. Can that be done without VCDS by ignition programming method?

And I also need a spare key with working immobilizer chip (now only one with working immobilizer chip). Does it have to be unused or can I just write new data to the old chip (which is not working)? I can get that done by local locksmith (cheap). I understood that it can be done also by VCDS but can it be done even just by ignition programming method? I don’t know the history of the keys but there is at least some data at the immobilizer chip so seems that it at least is working. Of course it can be wrong chip also.

Morning Tim,

I can confirm that purchasing the ‘D’ keys is the correct thing to do for your replacement AF CCCU.

Yes the front part of your original key will still continue to happily start your A2 without issue. To program a second/spare immobiliser transponder you will need a new/virgin ID48 transponder chip. Available for a few £s on eBay and similar. To program/code it to your car you will need someone to extract the SKC and then program it into the car with VCDS. I guess your locksmith will be able to do this for you.

Unfortunately a quick re-sync of the remote part of the fob will not work. It again requires VCDS to correctly pair it to the CCCU.

There are plenty of guides here on the forum which are very useful and easy to follow.

I’m not sure of your exact location so unable to advise who might be closest to assist when we are allowed to mingle again.

I do know that Tom @timmus would be able to help as he travels a lot but in the current climate I’m not sure when this could be done.

What Tom does offer though if a CCCU service over mail which could help you out. It’s worth sending him a PM to discuss the finer details. This is the sort of thing he does in his sleep.

Here is a link to the how to guide that I always use.

Kind regards,

Another Tom

Ok just like I thought but wanted to be sure before buying anything. I'm pretty far from UK so will consult my acquaintance here. Gotta order that chip, assume that being so cheap they usually work. Thanks for the help!

Tim

Ok just like I thought but wanted to be sure before buying anything. I'm pretty far from UK so will consult my acquaintance here. Gotta order that chip, assume that being so cheap they usually work. Thanks for the help!

Tim
Hi again Tim,

These are what I purchased a few months ago to add a key or 2 to Projects OEM and 250.

100% success rate with them.

Kind regards,

Tom

Oh, won't send ty my location. There seems to be at least specs: ID48(T6) and Megamos. So are those enough to order or still something to consider? Is every A2 model using the same chip?

You will need vcds to load the new key remote circuit to the AF cccu. This cannot be done by ignition programming

The new key must have a new immo chip fitted and then you can use vcds to code the cars immo to the new chip

The chip is a write once device

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back