Know where these plastic wedges go?

ashley7715

A2OC Donor
Found these loose in each corner under my scuttle panel after swapping it out. Have no idea where they should go?

Attachments

• 15784997767182934232431678005497.jpg
    15784997767182934232431678005497.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 238
They were on the exterior where the bonnet hinge locator is but under the scuttle panel just loose. I think it's called the scuttle panel the thin plastic trim that houses the washer jets at the bottom of the windscreen. I'm thinking they are to prevent vibration noise maybe from the bonnet?

Yeah, it's called the scuttle panel. I clearly asked the question above without fully reading your initial post. Oops.
I don't immediately recognise them from that area of the car, though it's unclear in the photo whether they're solid blocks of plastic or rubbery caps. The A2's bonnet can vibrate a bit at its corners, nearest the scuttle panel, causing a metallic knocking noise when you go over rough road. Some people choose to add little bits and pieces into those corners to tighten things up a bit, meaning they may not be original Audi parts.

Cheers,

Tom

They were possibly wedged each side underneath the windscreen when it was replaced to help prevent the glass slipping down and holding it into position while the PUR cures. VW used to use similar on some earlier models and they would just sit wedged between the windscreen and some slanted bits of metal bodywork just below the windscreen.

Back