Koni FSD

Dalibu

A2OC Donor
Am writing to see if there are any other options apart from Koni FSD front struts? I have an A2 TDI 90 and it must be over ten years since I fitted the FSDs. The old ones are rusted (in the spring cups) and are making noise whilst driving over bumps, so am having them looked at on Friday. I like the setup / feel over bumps and around corners. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search is your friend - there's plenty of alternatives to FSDs, and a few people have fitted the updated ones too.

Personally (also a TDi90), I now prefer Bilstein B8 with a spring of your own choice. Get the FSDs off asap - I was among the first to fit them back in 2005 and mine literally fell apart about 5 years ago, rusted out around the crimps where the stainless rod enters. Do it before the spring cups give way, which could be very nasty.

A good way to search A2OC is to use google and enter something like 'Koni FSD alternative A2OC' - then follow the links.

I have had Koni FSD on my A2 FSI for several year now with no problems at all.
For my Tdi90 I’ve just replaced the shocks with Koni Special Active (front and rear) with the Eibach-pro-kit E7910-140 springs

I like that the Koni Special Active has the same technology as the FSD, I believe?.... here is my shopping list:
SourceItemPart No.Qty.Price exc. VATPrice inc. VATTotal
dcperformance.co.ukKoni Special Active Front Dampers8745-10692£99.84£119.81£239.62
autodoc.co.ukEIBACH Pro-Kit Suspension KitE7910-1401£109.94£131.93£131.93
autodoc.co.ukSKF Top strut mount w. bearingVKDA 351152£14.49£17.39£34.78
£406.32

Last edited:
Stick with what you are happy with. For every recommendation you will find someone else does not like them. The other brand mentioned I will never use again.

Well, that's all ordered then. Looking forward to removing the old, not safe ones. Updated my shopping list above to include VAT. Thank you all.

Here's a photo of the finished setup. I am pleased with them.
IMG_1712.jpg

I have had Koni FSD on my A2 FSI for several year now with no problems at all.
For my Tdi90 I’ve just replaced the shocks with Koni Special Active (front and rear) with the Eibach-pro-kit E7910-140 springs
Thanks for posting this, I ordered the same ones and I am pleased with them. (Koni Special Active (front only) with the Eibach-Pro-kit E7910-140 springs)

Back