LEZ Glasgow

Crgwal

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Morning,

So Glasgows website for the upcoming low emission zone is now live.

They have not accepted the FSI.

I have just sent them an email and if anyone can help me gather any information so that I may try push a case for the car.

I use my car daily in the city, if I can't use the car I will likely have to sorn her and put the car in storage. Which would only be sad.

Thanks,
Craig

Once you have the CoC and Emmissions Declaration, DVLA will amend your V5C to include Euro 4.
I did this for the FSI and Mk1 TT a while back, 2021, I think.
I just ran my reg through the Glasgow checker, and it's compliant. Yours will be too.
Mac.

Last edited:
Fab, I know there are older posts about this but with things coming closer maybe this post will help remind other owners too.

Thank you!

I'd advise anyone with a petrol A2 to get this done. There's no stopping the ULEZ bandwagon. It'll spread more and more. It makes money, encourages owners to scrap their car, and buy an EV, (makes the economy look good, and garners lots of VAT and Car Tax), and makes a statement of intent to the Green lobby.
Agree or not resistance is, sadly, pointless.
Mac.

Morning,

So Glasgows website for the upcoming low emission zone is now live.

They have not accepted the FSI.

I have just sent them an email and if anyone can help me gather any information so that I may try push a case for the car.

I use my car daily in the city, if I can't use the car I will likely have to sorn her and put the car in storage. Which would only be sad.

Thanks,
Craig
For the past couple of years since the LEZ was announced in Dundee I was frustrated that our 52-plate Euro 4 AUA was coming back as non-compliant when checked with the search facility that Dundee City Council linked to from their low emission zone FAQ.

I have subsequently asked for and obtained the Audi UK certificate of compliance using the method described on A2oc so that I would be able to argue the toss if necessary when the zone gets closer to going live.

After reading your post above I've checked the registration again on the link below (which used to reply in the negative) - and it now says that our AUA car does comply with Scottish low emission zones. Could you try cross-checking on the link below in case they are using a more recent database?

Hello, yeah that is what I used to check as well. Which shows me as not being compliant. So it looks like what you did worked

Last edited:
Well, thought I would check my 1.4 petrol (04) and my 1.6 petrol (53) and then fell of my seat😳. Both are okay for ulez and all I did was check the database. Then I thought h,mmm. Is this correct or not? So I checked my Peugeot van and that was okay, checked my Motorhome and that was okay, then checked my Saab petrol (08) and that was okay and then thought no something is wrong with this, cannot be doing with fines coming through the post. So checked my VW Caddy tdi (15) and that failed. So I guess all the others must be okay. Have rerun the whole exercise again and took snapshots to argue or prove that I did check against authorities. All I need is for them to say…. that is not an official site🤫

So what's gonna happen to most cars with bigger engines? All will be banned grom most big cities? :oops:
I really hope alternative fuels will happen very soon.

So what's gonna happen to most cars with bigger engines? All will be banned grom most big cities? :oops:
I really hope alternative fuels will happen very soon.
No worries all the huge SUV's are at least Euro 4.
Just bought a nice new V8 Mustang? No problem, Euro 5.
Mac.

I’ve just checked my 04 FSI as I do drive through Glasgow heading for the hills quite often - happily it was OK. Hopefully others will get same response if the site is working ok
Chris

Well, thought I would check my 1.4 petrol (04) and my 1.6 petrol (53) and then fell of my seat😳. Both are okay for ulez and all I did was check the database. Then I thought h,mmm. Is this correct or not? So I checked my Peugeot van and that was okay, checked my Motorhome and that was okay, then checked my Saab petrol (08) and that was okay and then thought no something is wrong with this, cannot be doing with fines coming through the post. So checked my VW Caddy tdi (15) and that failed. So I guess all the others must be okay. Have rerun the whole exercise again and took snapshots to argue or prove that I did check against authorities. All I need is for them to say…. that is not an official site🤫
My car passes for the ULEZ in London for example, but Scotland is showing a fail.

My car passes for the ULEZ in London for example, but Scotland is showing a fail.
I think their data base is still evolving, some are being checked on a Euro 4 Yes/No basis, (why yours fails), while others are using the emissions data on the V5C, (which is the correct way), so giving a pass.
Make a post on Twitter, usually gets a response, 'cos it's public.
Mac.

@Robin_Cox what does the V5C show as the Euro status for your AUA? Does it show as Euro 4, or is it blank?
Mac.
I don't have the V5C to hand to know right now although I have a feeling that when I did look at it that it was blank as some others have commented who have checked theirs. One thing worth noting is that I have done nothing official yet - although I have requested the Euro4 declaration from Audi UK in the event I have to. The checker has been updated since a year ago and now recognises a 52-plate AUA as complying, whereas back then it was definitely identified as non-compliant.

Trouble is….. looking at governments and how the make decisions Willy nilly, how long before the petrol euro4 is changed to vehicles that are petrol euro5 or even higher…. as someone said previously, it is a way of forcing vehicles of the road and down the ev route😳

Trouble is….. looking at governments and how the make decisions Willy nilly, how long before the petrol euro4 is changed to vehicles that are petrol euro5 or even higher…. as someone said previously, it is a way of forcing vehicles of the road and down the ev route😳
The Government makes good money out of "old cars" petrol vat and fuel duty, road tax, etc. There are a huge number of Euro 4 cars on the road, the majority I'd guess, so they won't be too keen to force us off the road for a while, it's loose them too much tax.
Mac.

I'm wondering if its my private reg that is causing the problem with the database. Nevertheless I'll get it sorted. Just sat and tested lots of fsi car registrations from the Internet and they all pass. 🥲

My MK1 Audi TT and B7 Audi RS4 were showing as being compliant but sadly not my tdi A2. Seems crazy a 4.2 V8 is allowed but not a 3cylinder diesel. I realise it's more to do with Nox levels as opposed to co2 but even still . Recently replaced the rs4 with a 500bhp Alfa Romeo and it's compliant 😂

Back