Light Speedometer scratches

keez

I have noticed light swirls on my speedometer especially visible when sun shines on it. Is there a recommended product to help remove these and what is the correct way to clean it.

I hear Meguiars PlastX may be an option and to use Autoglym fast glass when cleaning?

I'd like to know other members experience in this area?

Hi Keez,

My favourite for polishing plastic (ipod screen, mobile phone fronts and speedo dials!) is toothpaste! Yes, toothpaste! The cheap stuff is best, non of this fancy anti-bac, whitening, gel, 24hr stuff. I use tesco basic paste and a microfibre cloth. Rub it in for a minute of so, they wipe off with a damp cloth. Take care not to get too much on in case it goes into cracks you can't wipe it out of. This worked for me on the dials, and improved the appearence.

AG Fast Glass is a good option to remove grease and grime on all glass and clear plastics (and interior mirrors), but won't remove scratches, I've never tried Megs Scratch X, so can't comment on this one.

Cheers,

David

With toothpaste there is the added benefit of a fresh, minty smelling interior!!! ;)

Back