Chat Lockdown projects

Well here we are finally. Confined to the garage and house.

Been avoiding going out already and as a result got round to:

Fitting of replacement front calipers.
New front flexible brake hose.
Removal, dismantling, regreasing internal bits of starter motor then refitting.
New door strap fitted.
Loose wire in rear speaker sorted.
New driver door window switch fitted.

Lots more ideas, then I can start on the other one.

By the time we are back to normal I may not recognise the cars.

Hope you are all keeping safe out there. Let’s make good use of this time.

Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been working from home since 2014 but just happened to have days already booked from Thursday, to use up leave carried over from last year before I lose it at the start of April. I've got plenty to be getting on with, including a front bumper, two sets of mudflaps, two sets of FSI winglets, some rear bumper side mounts and a rear panel with all its furniture. Then there's a doorcard project and plenty of interior bits to shuttle between cars. There's still more waiting to be done once all of this virus is over and I can get electrical assistance again :)

Been busy on my sons these last few days, rear axle painted, new rear coil springs, shock absorbers painted with new bump stops fitted, both rear brake pipes renewed along with new flexi pipes, new cylinders to the rear drums, brakes relined and finally the drums painted.
Next will be the wheels painted.

already did some soldering that's been waiting for months. Now to do some more and then order the spreiznieten for the wheel arch liners so I can get the leak sorted next to the windscreen. That's going to be a true pain but it needs done.

- Bret

Having finally a bit of time I resumed my large 3D-printed scale A2 model....plan is to make a large 30cm-long study model, beautifully painted, that captures the original Al2 concept. An hybrid between the 1997 Al2 model and the final
version.
Few screenshot of the 3D modelling, work in progress but getting there. As I can't enjoy the real thing at the moment, this is keeping me sane ?

A2 3d 2.jpg
A2 3d 1.jpg
A2 3d.jpg
production

Last edited:
Having finally a bit of time I resumed my large 3D-printed scale A2 model....plan is to make a large 30cm-long study model, beautifully painted, that captures the original Al2 concept. An hybrid between the 1997 Al2 model and the final View attachment 62577View attachment 62578View attachment 62579production version.
Few screenshot of the 3D modelling, work in progress but getting there. As I can't enjoy the real thing at the moment, this is keeping me sane ?
Nice render, if you ever wanted to know what 20”+ equivalents of the SE wheels look like, that is it. ?

? Just playing around.....I'll add more rubber I think but the big wheels stay! No big potholes on my shelf.....
Very good sir, add some pictures when complete as I may ask you to commission one for me, I’d really like a scale model of my current A2. I have a 1:43 original one which I bought about 20 years ago (mint condition and boxed) which is silver but want another one in Akoya Silver.

Friday came and the whole car was clay bared and machine polished.
The grotty se centre caps have had been rubbed down, any inperfections in the wheels filled and rubbed down, ready for painting (anthracite grey).
The rear number plate lights removed as they were awful and a set of led ones ordered from ebay.
Oh and the rear and boot interior lights fixed.

I’ve fitted a false floor, handbrake tray, 4 new door cards, led indicators, and changed all my plastic platinum panels to soul black including glove box.
Then someone decided to drive into me while I was parked up and drive off.
Just waiting on a new door and wing then I can crack on again ??

Upcoming weeks (employer put me on hold till the end of April) im gonna try to fit another gearbox to temper the rpm and noise at 100+ km/hr.
It's an gearbox with MZN code and close (give and take) to JDD ratios.

Waiting for new flange seals.
New clutch and bearing ready when the job starts.
Gearbox mount altered to fit A2 mounting. IMG_20200328_194445.jpgIMG_20200328_194414.jpg

IMG_20200328_193151.jpg

I’ve fitted a false floor, handbrake tray, 4 new door cards, led indicators, and changed all my plastic platinum panels to soul black including glove box.
Then someone decided to drive into me while I was parked up and drive off.
Just waiting on a new door and wing then I can crack on again ??

Good effort Chris

How do aged colours match with paint??
My rear N/S has a scratch and thinking it'll cheaper to change the door than to have it sprayed

Cheers Graham

Metallic blue or black don’t tend to fade that much in all honesty, the donor car is the same year so hoping the match pretty well.
What colour is your car?

Friday came and the whole car was clay bared and machine polished.
The grotty se centre caps have had been rubbed down, any inperfections in the wheels filled and rubbed down, ready for painting (anthracite grey).
The rear number plate lights removed as they were awful and a set of led ones ordered from ebay.
Oh and the rear and boot interior lights fixed.
What was the issue with your boot light and how did you fix it? Mine is intermittent but the boot always says it’s open and shut on the screen as it should.

Mine was an issue with the wiring that connects to the locking mechanism, took it off cleaned it and used an electrical contact spray.

Last edited:
Agree with the failed micro switch, thats what i was expecting to find.
Anyway, wheels painted and laquered and refitted to car crystal blue with anthracite wheels.

Back