Loose spoiler

Manaro

I have bought an Audi A2 and its spoiler is loose so i took some interior of in hopes of tightening the spoiler but this is what i see. Have anyone any clue how to tighten the spoiler? I have never seen any other loose spoiler of A2 on here so my hopes of usefull information are low. But if you have any tips please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_115130.jpg
    IMG_20210626_115130.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20210626_115101.jpg
    IMG_20210626_115101.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 154
How strange! I would suggest you clean up around any edges and thoroughly dry them. Then get some black Tiger Seal, and put it into all accessible joints. Then tape the spoiler securely in its fixed position. Allow at least 24 hours before removing the tape.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

How strange! I would suggest you clean up around any edges and thoroughly dry them. Then get some black Tiger Seal, and put it into all accessible joints. Then tape the spoiler securely in its fixed position. Allow at least 24 hours before removing the tape.

Check there's no water in the spoiler. A ltre of water = 1 kg, imagine a 1 kg weight sloshing around inside as you drive. Drill a couple of holes in each corner, underneath to be sure in future.
Mac.

Check there's no water in the spoiler. A ltre of water = 1 kg, imagine a 1 kg weight sloshing around inside as you drive. Drill a couple of holes in each corner, underneath to be sure in future.
Mac.
Yup, I drill 10mm holes in all the A2's I've owned.

Yup, I drill 10mm holes in all the A2's I've owned.

Hi @Jellybean - could you send a picture of where you drill the hole please? I know someone else did this a while back but I can’t find it and I’m scared to take the drill to the A2 without a clear picture ?

Hi @Jellybean - could you send a picture of where you drill the hole please? I know someone else did this a while back but I can’t find it and I’m scared to take the drill to the A2 without a clear picture ?
I posted a photo recently following the tip from @Jellybean though can't find it (quickly). There's one here though...

Hi @Jellybean - could you send a picture of where you drill the hole please? I know someone else did this a while back but I can’t find it and I’m scared to take the drill to the A2 without a clear picture
Hiya, apologies, am up nooorth visiting family and A2's are at home. Refer to pic above. Just be careful that the water doesn't run down into your drill!

Hiya, apologies, am up nooorth visiting family and A2's are at home. Refer to pic above. Just be careful that the water doesn't run down into your drill!

Start with a pilot drill, that'll minimise the flow, let it drain, then open it up a bit. I think I finished with 8mm.
Mac.

Back