Low Cost German Bluetooth streaming and phone for Concert audio

pandsnolan

I fitted a low cost plug and play bluetooth adaptor a few moths ago and it has been really good . Cost was 39 euros inc postage directly from Germany. Connects via the cd multiplayer plug and you have to find an earth which I did jamming the ring crimp under one of the radio casing clips. To use select the cd multiplayer , and the ff button to take calls , to make calls use siri voice command on your phone . Good phone quality unlike the cigarette lighter plug in adaptor I had been using.

Has worked without any problem other that once had low volume . I unpaired and repaired and it was fine no re-occurrance

Good VFM and easy fit ....anyone else got this?.

Yes, I have bought two of these and find them well worth the money, so now we have Bluetooth connection in two of our A2s.
Only small issue is that both turn up under the same name , BlueSpeak, in the phone. Hmm, which was which now.. 🙂.

Huh, and I just bought one cheap chinese bt adapter just for music to test. This looks like similar solution. Where have you installed the microphone?

Huh, and I just bought one cheap chinese bt adapter just for music to test. This looks like similar solution. Where have you installed the microphone?
I’ve put the mic at the top of the drivers side windscreen pillar . I had left a drawstring in there from when I had the auto headlight switch fitted and had the light sensor there so fairly simple this time. Autolights was fine for about six months then started draining the battery flat after 3 days so I’ve gone back to the manual light switch.

In my case I installed the microphone on the right side of the instrument cluster "cap". Not perfect from an audio perspective, but it works ok the few times I have a phone call in the car.

If you use Spotify, does it recognise the Bluetooth connection as a car (i.e. does Spotify default to Car View when connected to it)?

If you use Spotify, does it recognise the Bluetooth connection as a car (i.e. does Spotify default to Car View when connected to it)?
I dont think it is that sophisticated . I use it to listen to digital only stations like Radio 6 . I tried Spotify it just streams what ever my phone is playing

Yes, I have bought two of these and find them well worth the money, so now we have Bluetooth connection in two of our A2s.
Only small issue is that both turn up under the same name , BlueSpeak, in the phone. Hmm, which was which now.. 🙂
You should just be able to rename the Bluetooth devices in your phones settings

Question for you that have installed this module. I have what it looks like the same module (the shape, the blue connector) without microphone.
I have Concert 1 radio and I have tried to install it, but I have a problem with cable connection.
I guess this blue connector goes into the top connection point, thus replacing the top black connector. I tried connecting only the blue connector without connecting the top black connector and the unit was not recognized.
20220906_120612892_iOS.jpg
20220906_120652861_iOS.jpg

I would like to leave the factory top black connector untouched so that I can connect back the CD changer when I want.
I guess I need also this connector and just replace the blue part with the BT connector? Right?
ISO 20pin plug.jpg

@mtl I have so far only done this installation in A2s with Gen 2 radio e.g. Chorus2, and dont know any pinout differences versus a Concert1 so I hesitate whether I have any good ideas.

But that aside: did you connect the very separate ground wire from the BT device to the radio housing?
Without that it wont work.

But that aside: did you connect the very separate ground wire from the BT device to the radio housing?
Without that it wont work.
I have connected ground to a dedicated ground point in the car chassis. I could see the BT adapter and connect to it from the phone. So BT adapter was on.
Does the ground need to be connected to the radio housing?

Last edited:
I have connected ground to a dedicated ground point in the car chassis. I could see the BT adapter and connect to it from the phone. So BT adapter was on.
Does the ground need to be connected to the radio housing?
No, not really to my knowledge. It was more an example of ground points, should be good as you did it.

Question for you that have installed this module. I have what it looks like the same module (the shape, the blue connector) without microphone.
I have Concert 1 radio and I have tried to install it, but I have a problem with cable connection.
I guess this blue connector goes into the top connection point, thus replacing the top black connector. I tried connecting only the blue connector without connecting the top black connector and the unit was not recognized.
View attachment 99095View attachment 99096

I would like to leave the factory top black connector untouched so that I can connect back the CD changer when I want.
I guess I need also this connector and just replace the blue part with the BT connector? Right?
View attachment 99097
Out of curiosity, which BT module do you have? (link, spec ,..?)

@mtl
So are you saying that you already have the boot mounted cd changer fitted in your car and want to add the bluetooth adapter to work ALONG SIDE the cd changer?This is not possible if your connectors are the same as the above unit as there is no ability to connect both at the same time even if you used the adapter lead you pictured.

The ground lead is just an earth but generally it is easier to connect it to the radio chassis.

Cheap for a reason.

Last edited:
Yes, the car has CD changer and with this BT module I wanted only to test how it works. It was not ment to have both working alongside each other. For now I would disconnect CD changer and use only BT. Primary I wanted to check the sound quality, because CD sound is really excellent.
Out of curiosity, which BT module do you have? (link, spec ,..?)
€ 5,13 40% Off | Car Radio Bluetooth AUX Adapter Cable for AUDI Chorus 2 Concert 1 2 Symphony 1 for Blaupunkt CD Receivers

Yes, the car has CD changer and with this BT module I wanted only to test how it works. It was not ment to have both working alongside each other. For now I would disconnect CD changer and use only BT. Primary I wanted to check the sound quality, because CD sound is really excellent.

€ 5,13 40% Off | Car Radio Bluetooth AUX Adapter Cable for AUDI Chorus 2 Concert 1 2 Symphony 1 for Blaupunkt CD Receivers
Oops, those reviews sort of mirror your experiences so far?

So what is important to note is that if you have the external cd changer port occupied then this bluetooth adapter will not work along side and you will either have to choose between the adapter plugged into the radio or the cd changer. Not the best.

There are other more expensive ( obviously ) adapters out there that do allow themselves and an external changer to co-exist. Still buy for what you actually need. Certainly prefer to see this adapter used than a non standard head unit fitted to a car.

Back