Malware?

G

Guest 4123

The laptop that I normally to access this site (equipped with Malwarebytes) is telling me that malware may be present on this site.

RAB

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Rab,

Not my area of expertise at all but thank you for informing us. Are you able to provide any screen shots of the information captured by your software.

Of note I use Sophos premium on Apple devices and nothing is picked up so this is something that Ben @ben who looks after the clubs website can look into for your.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

It doesn't give any useful information other than "this site may contain malware". I have just installed Malwarebytes on the laptop that I'm currently using and it allows access! Anyway, at least you know.

RAB

Thanks again Rab,

Ben will pick this up when he next logs in. I’ll also start a separate Admin thread about it behind the scene.

Kind regards,

Tom

I also have Malwarebytes on my computer and it is not reporting an issue with the site. May be a glitch or different software versions.

I also have Malwarebytes on my computer and it is not reporting an issue with the site.

Exactly the same here. I think that RAB misinterpreted Malwarebytes initial non-committal "may be present on this site", and I'm pleased to see that he has now edited his original post.

See below for the screenprint. Version is 4.5.14.210. I'm still blocked on my usual laptop. It was OK yesterday.

RAB

MWB.jpg

See below for the screenprint. Version is 4.5.14.210. I'm still blocked on my usual laptop. It was OK yesterday.

RAB

View attachment 98628

Well, that explains the problem. I don't use (and wouldn't recommend) Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

It's far better to use a really good adblocker (uBlock origin), disable 3rd party cookies in your browser, and then learn to use NoScript.

Malwarebytes are not alone in offering browser extensions that flag up false positives for malware.

I'm not blocked anymore, if it's any help!

Well, that explains the problem. I don't use (and wouldn't recommend) Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

It's far better to use a really good adblocker (uBlock origin), disable 3rd party cookies in your browser, and then learn to use NoScript.

Malwarebytes are not alone in offering browser extensions that flag up false positives for malware.
I'm not using Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

RAB

I'm not blocked anymore, if it's any help!

I'm not using Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

RAB

Hi Rab,

That screenshot is from malwarebytes browser guard.

Most likely it’s detecting cookie usage or the Tapatalk plugin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Rab,

That screenshot is from malwarebytes browser guard.

Most likely it’s detecting cookie usage or the Tapatalk plugin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use Premium, not MWB. The latter is a browser add-on.

RAB

Back