Matt interior

How do you clean this
super Matt interior trim?
It’s so difficult to clean!
It’s the hardest car to clean thus far & seen as though I’m besotted, I’d thought I’d ask?

1459253887_183.jpg

This is the boy and it's only £1 a bottle. Amazing stuff.

Cleaning is one thing, but I've noticed that it's also very hard to keep the interior trim looking spotless. I use Valet Pro's Classic Protectant and it does help as long as you manage to get it on evenly. It also gives the panels some sheen without making them look too glossy, which is great.

Don't mean to add another hobo comment, but I don't see the point in spending loads on stuff that doesn't work. On black doorcards etc, rub on shoe shine works wonders and stays looking black for months.

A very light concentration APC is more than enough to clear the dashboard- I've been using Meguires APC for interiors for well over 15 years and its the same i US gallon concentrate bottle I've been using all that time!

More concerning for me right now is the raised area on the dash where I had one of those sticky audi mats - when I peeled it off it raised the dash where the outline of the mat was. Would applying heat from a heatgun make that better or worse??

More concerning for me right now is the raised area on the dash where I had one of those sticky audi mats - when I peeled it off it raised the dash where the outline of the mat was. Would applying heat from a heatgun make that better or worse??
I'd put my money on worse. I've tried it a couple of times (not on the A2 god forbid) and the difference of the heatgun heating the plastic just enough to make it look nice and melting it is almost none, so unless you're very skilled or very lucky the end result will no doubt look horribly blotchy, with some areas having lost their texture due to melting.

Back