Matt's not a project project

Matt Scarbro

A2OC Donor
Some of you may have read my intro post but hello if not!

I bought a 1.4 a few weeks back from a lovely chap called Alan that may have frequented this forum.

As far as I can tell it has been excellently maintained throughout its life and could very easily pass for a car that has done half of its 180k miles. It feels very tight which suggests a large number of bushes and othe suspension components have been replaced, or perhaps the vest majority of the miles were on smooth motorways putting very little strain on such components.
Either way it feels very good am I'm very pleased with it!

One thing I couldn't get on with was the pepperpot style wheels and higher profile, narrow tyres.
I understand the efficiency and comfort merits of such a relatively light and narrow wheel and tyre combination but they don't really suit my use and I'm not keen on the way they look.

As a compromise between sensible size, sensible cost and aesthetics I bought these 16" wheels for it:

And on the car:

To me they have transformed the appearance of the car, bringing it much more up to date. :)

A welcome from me Matt; if I haven't previously said hello.

It always amazes me how a well looked after example of these little gems belies its age and mileage. Not only do they look in keeping with the style of today's vehicles, but they are so well screwed together so-to-speak.

A nice example you have there; dolphin grey gets my thumbs up. The wheels suit the A2 in my view and are a nice addition. Happy motoring.

Thanks Gents, I'm really pleased with how the wheels fit and look.

They're from a Seat Ibiza FR, 2010 in this case. 16x7, et43, 215/45/16.

Next up was replacing the factory Chorus cassette deck, Bluetooth calls and audio connectivity are a must for me and I already had the head unit from a previous car so it made a good, cheap upgrade!

It wasn't quite as straight forward as other head unit swaps but I documented how I did it here:
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?30008-Replacing-Chorus-head-unit-in-an-02-1-4

All works as it should so it's great to have the connectivity we're all used to nowadays. The sound is also improved if not fantastic, though I have some old audio gear that I intend to fit for more significant improvements.

Nice!

Those wheels look really nice fitted on your A2.:)

Have you encountered any rubbing, scraping or fouling with these wheels at full lock or when driving over speed bumps especially with the tyres being 215/45/16 and the wheel offset of 43mm, ?

Can you get Audi centre caps to fit I wonder.

Thanks

Great looking wheels and another that has gone for a new more modern head unit like me!
Lovely colour too!

Back