Mileage

Mr Pip

Just about finished rebuilding my Audi A2 Tdi SE 85bhp. Engine, gearbox, in fact everything mechanical as new. Bodywork is being restored to an acrylic finish. Question. The mileage reads nearly 250,000 miles. Had it since new. Do I get the mileage reset to zero?

Attachments

• 4A341FF0-E785-4A72-94BD-46EE79DF2DC0.jpeg
    4A341FF0-E785-4A72-94BD-46EE79DF2DC0.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 118
Afternoon,

Now that looks splendid doesn’t it. Amazing work which you must be very proud of.

Mileage: I’m no expert on such things but here’s my personal opinion. Regardless of the amount of new or refurbished components, the vehicle itself has still travelled 250k miles. If you was to alter the odometer and subsequently sell the vehicle then you’re effectively selling a clocked car. This is of course is illegal. I highly recommend you leave the mileage as it is and enjoy showing off such a clean A2 with mega-mileage.

Additionally there is documented evidence of mileage from the annual MOT publicly assessable from the national database plus possibly the service book along with invoices etcetera. Do read the legalities of odometer adjustment ie, clocking a vehicle.

More pictures are required of this vehicle and the work you’ve done to get it to this very shiny new state.

Kind regards,

Tom

Nope. It’s not a brand new car is it? Why erase history?

This is the way I think anyway - since you asked! But your car and your rules.

Just about finished rebuilding my Audi A2 Tdi SE 85bhp. Engine, gearbox, in fact everything mechanical as new. Bodywork is being restored to an acrylic finish. Question. The mileage reads nearly 250,000 miles. Had it since new. Do I get the mileage reset to zero?
Just leave it and be proud of it.

Edit: Thanks for the editing my post, I thought vcds can change odometer settings, as I'd done that before using only xtool vag401, which has less settings. Cheers.

Last edited:
I would leave it as it is - I am just in the process of having the engine rebuilt on my 269K 2003 1.4TDI Sport and will leave as is once its back on the road

Back