Miles to a full tank

driver8013

A2OC Donor
I've done 450 mile on a tank of diesel (small tank too), filled to the neck 3 weeks ago, and topped it back up today when the needle dropped below 1/4 tank...chuffed with my little A2..

Last edited:
My record so far is 548 miles (but that was well into the reserve - 33.18L, reserve light came on at 490). There are a variety of tank sizes, mine is 34L, I think there are also 37L tanks?

pretty sure my car has a 42L tank, which I think is standard for the 1.6 FSI. Done just over a 1/4 and clocked up 165 miles so far. Dont have DIS so will have to work out economy the old school way.

That's great going:)

I am looking forward to my Scotish road trip doing some proper mile to see what MPG I will get:)

Cheers

David

My record was 590 miles with the 42L tank only ran 15 miles into reserve but had loads left as i could only get about i think 39 or so litres in if i remember at the time gave my 72 mpg's . Average i'm getting is around the 420/450 miles to a tank but thats short town journeys

Phil

What's the size fuel tank on a Tdi 75? I've never ran it low enough to realise it's capacity but I'm guessing around 32ltrs?

Mine is 34L, I think some have 37L, there may even be other sizes (I don't know).

From brimmed to running dry is more than 35 (i.e., the pipes hold diesel too!)

Mine is 34L, I think some have 37L, there may even be other sizes (I don't know).

From brimmed to running dry is more than 35 (i.e., the pipes hold diesel too!)

Theres 2 size of tanks 32 & 42 the early cars have the smaller tank, mine is a 2002 TDi and its got the larger tank never filled it over 40L yet but will never let it get that low so i've had around 39Lts i tend to average of around 37Lts and i tend to fill close to the light coming on.

PHIL

On average I get 390 miles from a tank full but on a motorway run 580 miles.

Jeez.....I never get anywhere near this - I must have a seriously paranoid fuel warning light! Oh, and a lead foot. Our little one sees an open road perhaps once a month. normally driving around town.

Between 350 and 375 on a full tank of petrol (42 litre tank)

Often thought the Open Sky glass reduces mpg due to its weight.

Last tank got me 600 miles. Shell premium every time. 2004 1.4 tdi90.

60% London driving, 40% motorway. Not bad going really

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

All TDI 90's had the 42 litre tank as they were launched after the FSI which was the changeover period occurred

Chris

My 1.4 petrol has done 318, 324, 330, 324 on last 4 tanks at the gong. First 3 on V power. Have reverted to ordinary unleaded as not worth the extra £3.40 per tank. Always fill to brim by pressing button in filler neck. Cant say I noticed any improvement and it exaggerated the poor running in bottom and reverse. Mot, new vac pipes and clutch pedal switch being fitted on Thurs to try to cure prob. Wish me luck. (Hope they got a guy with tiny hands) Cheers Colin

Hi all
just noticed that in last couple of weeks my mpg has gone down. Mostly get around 60 or so it says on the DIS then when temperatures went down a fortnight ago my consumption went up. The DIS reads 53 ish mpg .
Is this solely due to temperature or do i need to look at something? I don't think there's anything wrong power wise and it's not due for a service. I sometimes wonder whether the air filter needs replacing more than stated though.
Any ideas comments greatly appreciated.
Im just off out to check the air pressure in the tyres!
Paul

Lower outside temperatures I would say. Engine is colder for longer and using more fuel whilst cold.

Back