Mini Dis

Howey

England
Having recently had cruise control fitted following my competition win for which i am eternally grateful!
Timmus also enabled bleep on locking (superb touch if you aint got it enabled get it!) and Mini DIS which shows previous 1000 mile mpg average with ignition on and instant whilst rolling.

My average has never changed from 55 mpg yet i have done easily over a thousand miles since activation and non of my tank to fuel light refills have been less than 58 mpg calculated (would say my average should be around 62 mpg) so just wondered if anyone has ever come across this as its as if the dash has just set a default average but instant is all over the place as to be expected.

Cheers

Howey

Apparently you can "adjust" slightly the fuel calculation to amend the displayed on DIS value through VCDS.

Instruments - Adaptation - Group 003 ( at least on some other Audis ) and think the value can be changed slightly +/- 5 . Default again I think is 100 so can be adjusted approx between 95 and 105 - may not work on the A2 cluster though as I have never tried to adjust the value. You may indeed have to play with this value to ensure you have gone the correct way and not too far if it does work. Again not sure if the whole 5 is needed or if single digit changes can be made.

Let us know how you get on. Remember for best readings the same pump and same temperature is needed when fuelling.

Apparently you can "adjust" slightly the fuel calculation to amend the displayed on DIS value through VCDS.

Instruments - Adaptation - Group 003 ( at least on some other Audis ) and think the value can be changed slightly +/- 5 . Default again I think is 100 so can be adjusted approx between 95 and 105 - may not work on the A2 cluster though as I have never tried to adjust the value. You may indeed have to play with this value to ensure you have gone the correct way and not too far if it does work. Again not sure if the whole 5 is needed or if single digit changes can be made.

Let us know how you get on. Remember for best readings the same pump and same temperature is needed when fuelling.
Can you simply reset the value so it relearns the data? (Remove the battery?) No big issue just seems strange you would need to modify the settings. Will plug the hella guttman onto it when i get chance and see what can be selected

There was a thread on here a while ago about the mini DIS and the long term fuel consumption and can neither find it now nor remember what its conclusions were.

The settings in VCDS it to change how the car calculates the fuel usage shown on the DIS to get nearer the actual figure that you are achieving

Last edited:
Can you simply reset the value so it relearns the data? (Remove the battery?)
Exactly this, Tom. Disconnect the battery, which will reset the Mini DIS. After reset, it will display 23.5mpg, if I remember correctly. It will then begin its calculations afresh.

Cheers,

Tom

Back