Miracles

the grim reeper

A2OC Donor
Well from time to time i do "Barra jobs" and i swear some people think i can work MIRICALS :eek:

Well i got a call to do a Mini, while at work, this car turns up on my drive, i get home later that day to find this "ECO GARDEN":eek:, no sorry a K plate Mini that thinks its a Cooper ;), theres that much MOSS in the gutters and moss around all the rubbers and seams (ITS ALIVE:eek:), the moss has been there for that long that it had eaten into the paint and it wouldn't come off,

After many hours and i do mean MANY HOURS its done (well below par for me;)), i give them the call so come collect and they love it think it looks like new:confused: (some people are easy to please) it just shows what can be done with a bit of hard work and if i can make this look half decent then then most should come up like new ;), have a look at the pics to see what i mean

Phil

Nice work Phil, that wee car looks pretty solid for a 92/93 Mini. most have begun their ferrous return to the ground at that age :p You have given it a new lease of life alright. Will be getting some polishing tips from you at ADI pal :D

Nice work Phil, that wee car looks pretty solid for a 92/93 Mini. most have begun their ferrous return to the ground at that age :p You have given it a new lease of life alright. Will be getting some polishing tips from you at ADI pal :D

HA HA HA it just shows what a bit of polish and a sunny day can do, you would be right a mini of that age (its well on its way to scrap heep in the sky) as i said MIRACLES ;)

Cheers Phil

You're more than welcome to do mine ;) ...or how to tips would be greatfully received - my polishing techniques need a lot to bring up to par, my last attempt still has white polish spats all over...! :eek:

You're more than welcome to do mine ;) ...or how to tips would be greatfully received - my polishing techniques need a lot to bring up to par, my last attempt still has white polish spats all over...! :eek:

Well this was done with a machine polisher, if you are doing it by hand :eek:;) i would surgest doing a panel at a time well 2:confused: put the polish on 2 panels, polish off 1st then apply to next then back to 2nd and so on this should help to stop getting polish drying on the panels, also try polishing first thing in the morning or late afternoon as its abit cooler. I use the anti-static/terry towl cloths

Cheers Phil

cheers Phil,

for me at least, has a major factor to do with my distinct lack of patience and attention span... :eek:

note to self: must try to improve these deficits in ones character :eek:

M

...I can see how a machine polisher would have a major advantage here! :D

Its all smoke and mirrors, you guys i thought would not be easily impressed maybe i under esemated my talents or i have to high a std';)

Phil

No i didn't but i would have thought i would have got more than that one in Germany, thats not a lot of paint on that car, out of interest what colour was it as i would thought it would have been a solid colour not a pearl or metalic

Cheers Phil

Its all smoke and mirrors, you guys i thought would not be easily impressed maybe i under esemated my talents or i have to high a std';)

Phil

The pics look great Phil, but I'm sure under closer scrutiny or close up pics with a 'mega' quality camera the flaws would show and we could see what you mean regarding standards! I'm now picturing a valeting masterclass at ADI with 'Buffer Barnard' :D:D:D

Note to self: Get Ada up to speed before the journey south - Phil and Darren to impress ! ;)

You may only have to impress MR. A2OCD (aka Darren C), as i may not be attending just yet but October is a long way off.

I would end up like Mike, but with a tent up detailing cars all day or giving lessons lol

Cheers Phil

The pics look great Phil, but I'm sure under closer scrutiny or close up pics with a 'mega' quality camera the flaws would show and we could see what you mean regarding standards! I'm now picturing a valeting masterclass at ADI with 'Buffer Barnard' :D:D:D

Note to self: Get Ada up to speed before the journey south - Phil and Darren to impress ! ;)

I agree the pic's may be telling us a different story Phil .... :D
but Phil just accept the compliments :D

Murdi - NO chance of cleaning up Ada and getting it down to meeting point all gleaming, without all the insects that become mesmerised by the A2 and seem to want to commit suicide all over the front of the car, which is what I discovered on Sunday :D

Last edited by a moderator:

:D Am I really that bad... :D

I started my own OCD clean/detailing preparation work tonight in readiness for tomorrows polish. My A2 was treated to a thorough wash and clay bar treatment ahead of autoglym super resin and extra gloss coating when the daylight returns. Hopefully, I will have time to apply the bumper care and tyre dressing too. I will post some pics of the finish; not that I am trying to benchmark you understand...;)

You may only have to impress MR. A2OCD (aka Darren C), as i may not be attending just yet but October is a long way off.

Cheers Phil

Certainly from the images supplied, a terrific job Phil and even if you are being super critical - an amazing transformation non-the-less.

Hope you can make ADI - as you say, October is a long way off just now...

Cheers,

Darren

:D Am I really that bad... :D

I started my own OCD clean/detailing preparation work tonight in readiness for tomorrows polish. My A2 was treated to a thorough wash and clay bar treatment ahead of autoglym super resin and extra gloss coating when the daylight returns. Hopefully, I will have time to apply the bumper care and tyre dressing too.

Cheers,

Darren

Hey Darren are you at work in the morning as the sun comes up before 5 AM, if not you should have the car finished easily lol, come on look what i did in 3.5 hrs

Phil

Back