Moles can play havoc in your garden ...

Few weeks ago we were plagued with mole runs ?. When you have a nice garden its soul destroying ..I found a local guy at £80 the first mole £50 thereafter for each mole he catches ?..? so I thought that b****r that I bought three tunnel traps for less than £10 delivered..picture below mind your fingers when setting ?.. use a long piece of steel rod 6mm ish push down through the ground where you think the tunnels are (you will feel it when you break through into a tunnel ) don’t set tunnel traps in the shallow runs you want to run 6 to 12 inch deep run ...dig out just the size of the trap if you can nice straight sides make sure tunnel is clear of dirt use gloves not with your bare hands as a mole has great sense of smell ...cover the hole with a piece of wood or such like no daylight as moles light sensitive .. you will find along your Boundry is where it will run out by a hedge etc ... I have caught 4 moles in the last two weeks check the traps daily .. I know guy in the village told me a good tip was to leave the dead mole on top of the newly set trap and this has worked ...
Before someone shouts cruel I tried the vibrating pole which is supposed to repel them to no avail more molehills than ever ? mothballs now they were just pushed out the hole .. Creosote down the hole nah ! they just went elsewhere ..

Attachments

• E1F3EFCC-2ED3-4133-895A-DE986EF256A4.jpeg
    E1F3EFCC-2ED3-4133-895A-DE986EF256A4.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 2B603679-0465-4534-812F-834794592943.jpeg
    2B603679-0465-4534-812F-834794592943.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
I know the feeling so well. We had a visitor ourselves went to the local garden centre in search of a trap but just could not bring ourselves to set them. Three years later he has finally moved on to greener pastures and our lawn is now recovering.
Here's the damage the little blighter did.
image.jpeg

Yup but as arny once said “il be back “ and they do as one moves out couple of years down the road they return we had it about 6 years ago ...no fun at all ..? I think this time it was the brat pack ?.

we had an out break at the model flying field, made a right mess of the landing strip, that is manicured better than a bowling green :)
took a piece of plastic pipe about 1" bore, push one end down the mole hill hole and the other connected to the exhaust on the tractor mower.
Revved up the tractor for 1 few mins, smoke appeared from other mole holes and one or two from the dykes
Never saw any moles, but never had any more holes in the field either

An alternative to trapping, but the same end for the moles

My point is there was a 20 hecter field for billy mole to play in, so if he wants to play at digging on our landing strip then let war commence
So far we won, he's not been back in 6 years

Paul

Back