Chat MOT and EML on pleasant surprise

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
I had a pleasant surprise today.
My wife’s Storm was due its MOT but since it has the BHC engine, the EML comes on often (common problem) unfortunately it came on before the test and so I was expecting a fail. But I had missed the fact that no A2 TDI will ever fail just because of an EML being on, because that fail only applies to diesels from 2008 onwards.

The date for Petrol cars is July 2003 before that you are ok.

BUT I am still going to take advantage of the excellent Depronman fix to prevent the BHC engined Anti Shudder Valve (known) issue. Just in case we ever sell it, but also because I hate to see the EML lit up.
So the ECU is off to Paul first thing tomorrow. A great price too. Well recommended.

Steve B

I had a pleasant surprise today.
My wife’s Storm was due its MOT but since it has the BHC engine, the EML comes on often (common problem) unfortunately it came on before the test and so I was expecting a fail. But I had missed the fact that no A2 TDI will ever fail just because of an EML being on, because that fail only applies to diesels from 2008 onwards.

The date for Petrol cars is July 2003 before that you are ok.

BUT I am still going to take advantage of the excellent Depronman fix to prevent the BHC engined Anti Shudder Valve (known) issue. Just in case we ever sell it, but also because I hate to see the EML lit up.
So the ECU is off to Paul first thing tomorrow. A great price too. Well recommended.

Steve B
I did not know that, I will have to tell my regular MOT chap, the EML light on one of my TDIs was on while the engine was running last year but it has a habit of staying off on a restart, I mentioned it to him and he said park it up and we will MOT it when it stays off.

Back