mounting car-stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

6feet

I've installed a Blaupunkt cd-tuner into our A2, but it seems the tuner does not recieve very well. Where's the antenna on the A2 ?
I connected the antenna wire in the dashboard, but where does it go to ? Do you need to install an antenna ?

thanks for the help.

BTW: The iso connector to me isn't that iso if you ask me. When installing a german stereo into a german car you would expect it to work, but it doesn't. I had to modify the power connector in order to get it to work. However i managed to modify it without damaging anything (removing the yellow pin and finally removing the metal plug with a modified hairpin) and putting the + wire in the correct place.

The actual ariel is built into the rear screen (I presume the heating elements?). I understand there to be a connector somewhere between the headunit and the rear screen as this came adrift in my previous A2.

What Blaupunkt unit is it?.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Are you saying there is another connector other than the one you have to connect on the stereo.

It's a Toronto (nice red display like airco) i have removed from my A4. It worked great there.

All I know is that when I had intermittent FM radio reception on my Concert II, the dealer told me it wasn't the connector at the rear of the headunit that was loose, it was one further down the line. Providing you have had good reception on the unit you have just removed from your A2, and you haven't been tuging like mad on the lead then you shouldn't have pulled anything apart further down the cable.

I seem to have something in the back of my mind that says Auid ariels are different in that they have an extra bit in the cable (possibly to boost the signal) or something. I'm sure someone else will confirm/deny this.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

The bottom two elements on the reaer screen act as the ariel

Having jsut gone through the process of installing a new system in my A2, I was told that you would need to fit an (in-line) antenna adaptor. This apparently boosts the signal - the signal booster is built-in to Audi head units but not in after-market systems. Any car audio retailer should be able to supply this for around £10-£15

Tim

Tim,

It's correct: you need a booster for the signal.
And 6feet, in the installation guide of my JVC they show how to connect/modify the wires if the car it's mounted in is a VW/Audi or a Vauxhall...

If it might be necessary, I could send a scan of the manual to Stuart, to publish on his site. Let me know if I should.

Regards,

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive
Cobalt Blue Metallic

Chivers,

I just did. I just read Stuart still has some work to do because the email doesn't seem to work yet, so it might take some time.....

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive
Cobalt Blue Metallic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back